And the beat goes on!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a winch on any of the trucks? If not, the come-along will do. But I'd make sure I had lots of rope, chokers (or something to make them with) and a snatch block in case you have to pull at odd angles

Do you have a winch on any of the trucks? If not, the come-along will do. But I'd make sure I had lots of rope, chokers (or something to make them with) and a snatch block in case you have to pull at odd angles

Guys, I am but a firewood cutter, part time tree trimmer/dropper. I mainly do this for fun now.
I am not well equiped at all!!! No winches on the trucks, I have a 120' and an 80' hank of arborplex, my saddle and misc. climbing gear. No bucket truck, no skidder, I have access to a small tractor, compact utility, with a bucket, but I doubt it would much better than useless at this point!! And nothing larger than a half ton pickup right now.
I can borrow some slings from work, but I think choking it with a chain is about as good. I am just not sure I can get the comealong far enough away I feel safe doing that anyway!!!

i'd saw take some pics...assess the situation..post the pics..get some ideas and attack it....just a thought....o yea...and think if over with some :cheers: that the rumdum buddy gets to buy

Latest posts

Back