and the wife says, "How many saws do you have?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I really have to do is ask "Why is there a rabbit in the living room", or "Where the hell did the mastiff come from?", or "Can you make bacon out of potbelly pigs?"

My used saws are darn cheap in comparison!

I simply ask "just how many pairs of jeans do you own?" I, well no, she has a fairly large closet, the upper section is ALL jeans. Then the lower is shirts. I get like 10% of the lower section, for my nice jeans and nice shirts. She kinda gave up after the second argument, when I did the math on how much money was spent of freaking denim, denim!

She has not asked. The ones in Kentucky are in plain sight on the shelves, workbenches, floor, etc. and she is more than welcome to count them. I use Guido Salvage money so no missing mortgage or food funds. We are both financially responsible and don't recall ever having a serious disagreement over money in 20 years of marriage.

therein lies a perfect marriage!!!

i used to make more.... now she does.... (on the books...) now becoming an issue when i buy something....

i'd bet finances are the most common "culprit" to marital "issues" hands down.

Here's how you handle this-

walk her to the shoe closet and ask her how many pairs of shoes she owns and how many she can wear at any one time. Then, slowly turn and walk away...and listen carefully for the whistling sound of flying shoes.

Bingo i do the same.
Another thing i do i leave some saws at a mates place,then he does the same it does there heads in counting them all the time.HeHe

When we bought our house one of the first things I did was to build a wall unit of cubbie-holes in her walk-in. She has every one stuffed with multiple pairs of shoes, the top is covered, and there are plenty on the floor....I'm safe as long as we make the mortgage and bills.

Used to teach Auto shop, had 7 cars. Thinned the herd and now collect saws, around 240 last count. She doesn't mind since they are in the shop and take up less room than motorcycles or cars. And her sewing machine runs on Windows software, will do embroidery, cost 8K. Her quilting machine is 14' long and cost more than the sewing machine. After 38 years we got it worked out

im a recovering sawaholic....wife doesn't care how many I had ,but my dad was like you have enough saws to supply an army lol....I sold all but 2 a ms460 and a ms260 should have all my bases covered....

im a recovering sawaholic....wife doesn't care how many I had ,but my dad was like you have enough saws to supply an army lol....I sold all but 2 a ms460 and a ms260 should have all my bases covered....
How can you possibly cut wood with only those two saws??????? Jeez, I'd hate to be you:dizzy:.

Only 2 , that just ain't right. Please, please say you were only jerking us around and that there more hiding somewhere when and if your other 1/2 stops looking over your shoulder.

Back