Ann Arbor, Michigan to mandate battery saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your title here contradicts the article. Four stroke stuff is not effected. Hydraulic saws like in a basket truck would not be effected. Honda has a versa tool with a pole pruner, Dolmar and Stihl have dedicated pole pruners. I do not know about the availability of 4 stroke blowers of the back pack style. Maybe folks there stopped using brooms on the sidewalk and it became an issue?

Shovels and brooms have gone the way of the dodo.

Every landscaping business and lots of homeowners wick up their blower at any time to clear snow, leaves and debris.Blowers especially, are noisy and to most people they stink (especially in these ridiculous times wrt smoke).

As we all know, 4 strokes suck badly, but they are generally quieter and don't stink as much.. or at least it is a more familiar stink to most.

Anyway, since something like 5 million people were displaced from or killed in the Congo and Rwanda over a period of 5 or 6 years 25 or so years ago, there now is a great and reliable supply of "cobalt" (edit) that has to be sold..by golly!

Aholes.

Shovels and brooms have gone the way of the dodo.

Every landscaping business and lots of homeowners wick up there blower at any time to clear snow, leaves and debris.Blowers especially, are noisy and to most people they stink (especially in these ridiculous times wrt smoke).

As we all know, 4 strokes suck badly, but they are generally quieter and don't stink as much.. or at least it is a more familiar stink to most.

Anyway, since something like 5 million people were displaced from or killed in the Congo and Rwanda over a period of 5 or 6 years 25 or so years ago, there now is a great and reliable supply of lithium that has to be sold..by golly!

Aholes.
The beginning is good, It is the cobalt that comes from Africa for the most part. Chemistries vary, much effort to get down to 4% or so. Lithium comes from dried past oceans most notably in South America.

Coincidently I found this link about the chemistry prize for this year on an internet forum, not sure which one. https://www.scientificamerican.com/...batteries-win-2019-nobel-prize-in-chemistry1/

Typical liberal city... its ok to walk down a sidewalk in Ann Arbor smoking a joint, but running 2 cycle power equipment is illegal. Yep... sounds about right.

Ann Arbor and their stupid policies can go pound sand for all I care.
What in the actual **** does smoking dope have to do with a leaf blower?:laughing:

They should ban Harley Davidson motorcycles, louder than a leaf blower, drip oil like mad and spew carbon.
My dad and I stopped at a gas station on a ride years back and were having a soda outside. A couple Harleys left the intersection and gave it hell. All sorts of noise and RPM. I turned around thinking I'd see them darting away like drag bikes off the line. Nope. They looked like scooters accelerating :laugh:. Sure do look pretty though...

Latest posts

Back