Another bed wetter (J.D. CS 40)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I blew compressed air into the tank vent, thinking it was compacted sawdust in a screw hole (see red arrow on handle). Now fuel leaks from there when turned that side down.
Maybe it did before ? (I bought this used).
What to do ? The IPL shows 3 pieces in there. A filter, spring, and valve. Do you push them out of the tank or into the tank to replace them ?

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Brian, I havent messed with those saws, but I seen something about filters on here a while back. They said to blow compressed air into the tank to pop the filter out.

I know on my Huskys you have to pull it out.

Or maybe IDK what I am doing. But here is a free bump :cheers:

Who cares about the venting on the damn saw. More concerned with venting on those “work” jeans. I bet if that poor girl farted she’d blow her shoes clear off. ;) :D

Well...at least my thread is getting some attention. LOL
Maybe this will help more ? Then back to the saw's tank vent, okay ?
I want to give the saw to a buddy who is a John Deere nut. I'm gonna mount a scabbard for the saw
on his tractor when he's not there. I'd like to figure out this leak before I do it.

Jeans.jpg

Last edited:
The girl ? She's not Italian. She's that Mexican reporter the Jets have been hitting on. lol
The saw ? A John Deere CS 40 (by Efco).

LOL ! Thanks for keeping this at the top, guys.
Now, where are the Efco experts ?

just wondering if you ever figured this out have a jd cs52 that leaks a few drops out of that same breather hole everytime i fill it up, however it doesnt continue to leak so i havent never bothered trying to fix it but may have to some day.

just wondering if you ever figured this out
Nope. Maybe that's just how they are ? I'd like to find a solution before I mount it on my buddy's tractor and have gas leaking on it.

Latest posts

Back