Another good wood score today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is nothing better than a full load of wood.

View attachment 224440View attachment 224441

Started out in the morning

224440d1329520806-img_0053-jpg

This is what I brought home this afternoon

224441d1329520809-img_0055-jpg

Man is it easier to load with the tractor.

Hal

Last edited:
Nice setup. Really like the loader tractor. I have been targeting wood quite often this year. Working a lot of wood for next year at this time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hello,
That's a nice load of wood !!!!!! I've got a question for you about your tractor. It looks to be 4WD. If so, how do you think it would work in a stony mountain setting. I have a New Holland skid steer, but it sits too low to get around very good on my land. With pieces of dead fallen wood on the ground and a good scattering of mountain rocks all over, the old skid steer has problems. I was thinking lately about getting a 4WD tractor (higher ground clearance) for helping to get firewood off my property. I have 18.5 acres and some of the dead standing trees are not close enough to where I can get the skid steer in so it makes getting the wood to the skid steer bucket difficult !!!! I know you live in Texas and there aren't any mountains there, but I was just asking for an opinion. I really don't know anything about tractors so I'm trying to find out info. Thanks for any help you can give me !!!!!

Nice load! Heck of a load for 3500lb axles. Looks like your going to pop the back tires.

Hello,
That's a nice load of wood !!!!!! I've got a question for you about your tractor. It looks to be 4WD. If so, how do you think it would work in a stony mountain setting. I have a New Holland skid steer, but it sits too low to get around very good on my land. With pieces of dead fallen wood on the ground and a good scattering of mountain rocks all over, the old skid steer has problems. I was thinking lately about getting a 4WD tractor (higher ground clearance) for helping to get firewood off my property. I have 18.5 acres and some of the dead standing trees are not close enough to where I can get the skid steer in so it makes getting the wood to the skid steer bucket difficult !!!! I know you live in Texas and there aren't any mountains there, but I was just asking for an opinion. I really don't know anything about tractors so I'm trying to find out info. Thanks for any help you can give me !!!!!

Tractor plus stony mountain setting = rollover alert! You could try pushing up those scattered rocks if they aint too big, then you'd be able to grow some cattle grazing instead of rocks, and smooth the way for your skidsteer at the same time.

Hello,

It is a JD 3520 4 heel drive. I have fairly rocky ground and am able to get around with no issues. I bought a rock bucket with the tractor. It helps me move some of the rocks - the only thing that seems to want to grow here. My land is for the most part flat. Two of us maintain our road. The tractor does everything I ask of it.

Hal

Back