Another "I suck" thread… 044...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well a buddy at work had no use for this pretty old girl. He already had enough saws and was desperate for cash. She wasn't mint, but still looks great. I bet this thing was moved around his shop more than it was used to cut wood lolol. The compression reading is 150psi and the piston looked almost new. To be quit honest, I don't even think its broken. She's definitely a 10mm as I already checked the serial number.

I offered him $350 and he went for it. Yes I suck!!!! Don't hate!!!!IMG_1522.JPGIMG_1520.JPG IMG_1515.JPG
Looks like the original air filter to me
IMG_1518.jpg

Better watch out the cyber sleuths will be along shortly to investigate and demand the serial number or they'll declare it stolen.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

New AS policy. You must need oven mitts until you post verifiable numbers. Oh yeah, and your buddy must be a criminal;-) :p:buttkick:

Seriously, that's a nice looking saw. Hope she serves you well.

Nice Job OP.

I was in Orange, TX working a shutdown 2 years ago last week and walked into a pawn shop; it's like I was drawn to it.
Anyways, the shop probably had 30+ saws on the shelf of various make and models.

I was to the end of the shelves when there it was, a faded older 044.
They wanted $400 for it but after they guy couldn't get it to start and the pull rope broke, I got it for $100.
I've had to do a lot of work on it, about $400 worth.
It's not as pretty as yours, but I wanted one ever since I ran my uncles. I'll post pics tomorrow.

hseII

"100% of Home Invasions Occur in a Home" - Sharpsburg

Last edited:
Looks like a great find to me! One day a nice 10mm 044 will find me. I hope I'm not saw-broke that day.

Thanks guys. It was something I couldnt pass up lol. I actually owned a 10mm 044 back when my CAD began back in 2006. Didn't get to use it much and i used it to make one good complete saw.

After offing majority of my saws over the past few years, my CAD has bit me hard once again lololol. Since october i have purchased a Husky 545, Stihl MS361, the 044 and a 550xp from Caleb. The first 2 saws, i was curious how they ran. The last 2 saws, i know what to expect lol.

Latest posts

Back