Another impossible question: Husky 365, 555, and Stihl 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqavarna Guy

Husqavarna Guy

ArboristSite Operative
Hey Spike of all the saws you have ran how does the 555 stack up power wise. I have been following you breaking it in. I mean 357, 359, 262, 268, and maybe 365's. It sounds like it is one heck of a saw according to Maclaren and Mitch. Thanks for youre input.

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Spike of all the saws you have ran how does the 555 stack up power wise. I have been following you breaking it in. I mean 357, 359, 262, 268, and maybe 365's. It sounds like it is one heck of a saw according to Maclaren and Mitch. Thanks for youre input.

The 555 does run with a 357 and will beat a stock 359, and is of course smoother. It's not going to keep up with a 262 or 268.

The 562 is stronger. You feel it, and you can time it. But the 555 is no "non-XP slug" like many assume is the case with all of the Husky saws that share a chassis with an XP model. They were actually closer that I would have thought but the 555 was on it's 5th tank and we only got halfway through the 2nd tank on the 562. The gap will likely open up some more as the 562 breaks in.

DDALE

DDALE

ArboristSite Member
The 555 does run with a 357 and will beat a stock 359, and is of course smoother. It's not going to keep up with a 262 or 268.

The 562 is stronger. You feel it, and you can time it. But the 555 is no "non-XP slug" like many assume is the case with all of the Husky saws that share a chassis with an XP model. They were actually closer that I would have thought but the 555 was on it's 5th tank and we only got halfway through the 2nd tank on the 562. The gap will likely open up some more as the 562 breaks in.

I have not run a 555 but 562xp will smoke 357xp by quite a bit.Racing through cants is great fun ,but bucking logs is only a small portion for my saw . sure we have fun when a challenge is made ,but what else is there to consider ? how about balance,and handling,limbing ,I think this saw spools up fast,[a big plus,in my book,mho].noted else-where how smooth the av [anti-vibe] is. To lug a saw in woods for felling is no picnic [now I sound old,ya I am ]. I am using 562 for all my felling,limbing and bucking . looking forward to our wkly [sat] mini GTG. I won't get to run saw on landing younger boys do that I'll run splitter

aducomb

aducomb

ArboristSite Member
Power Difference, where is it coming from?

Hey Spike, do you (or anyone for that matter) know how the extra horse power comes from regarding the 562 vs the 555? Is it a physical difference? Something as simple as a less restrictive side plate for the transfers since they share the same engine, like in the case of the 365xt and 372xt? Or possibly could it be something like a different coil, something that is electronically controlled? Well, the carb is now electronically controlled so maybe the difference is found somewhere inside of that. Just thinking out-loud here where that extra 1/2 a horse comes from.

To take my initial question further: What are some parts that are different between the saws besides the small/large mounts? I have a feeling that this will help try to figure out my first Q.

John R

John R

Addicted to ArboristSite
The fact is that there most often is! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Yes... and that is a Dolmar! :biggrin:

My Dolkita 79cc is as good a saw as I've ever run. And I've run a lot of them in 40 years. And yes I've logged professionally here in Mass and in Maine running over to Rumford from Madrid and Mexico. Near Mooselookmeguntic. :msp_smile:

The're saws as good as a Stihl, but as I said, none are better.
I've used a lot of different saws over the years, and this is my findings.

weimedog

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Bump.....wonder how folks feel now 6 or 7 years later! Did a video a few months back hacking up a 372 X-Torq ad replacing a top end on a MS362.....SO what have we learned about the 60cc offerings from those two companies....and since in this thread a 362XT was pitched in figured this is appropriate as a conversation starter....

MaddBomber

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Excellent video! That 362c went through the ringer. That really illustrates the quality. Guess that airfilter isn't the weakpoint everyone thought it would be. And the MTronic and AutoTune systems are really holding up.
Both are great saws, and any comparison should be won by dealer support. Unfortunately, where I am in NC is almost exclusively Stihl. I haven't seen a single swedish saw in anyone's hands in over a year (except mine).
Back up north it was a nice mix, with some crews running a mix of brands.
Again, excellent vid and quality bump to an old thread.