Another Jony added to the stable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still undecided what to do. My intention was to only keep one of the two, this saw or my 2165. Now I don't know. I want to keep them both, lol. If I do, they'll both be ported. I've always preferred the 50mm cylinder, but am toying with the idea of a new 75cc topend, and selling the topend that's on it. Options, options. What to do? Isn't that half the fun:)

I really want to keep that 372 I finally got around to fixing up. But I also would like to sell it.... But to keep it I would probably leave it stock. Who doesn't want/need a solid condition 50mm 372 around? Same goes for a 2171 :)

You could always pop on Husky parts to make the saw complete. This guy did it! :msp_scared:

The serial # tag thing.This was discussed in the Trading post about a couple of NOS saws offered missing them.The guy got beat up a little on the fact.Mostly on the price he was asking.Doesn't not having the tag # make parts search a headache?In a model that's been out for a long time with a long production run like a 2171/372 aren't there changes that unless you know these saws in side and out would have you throwing parts at it untill you got the right one?And doesn't this make a legitimate arguement for devalueing the saw?No plate wouldn't bother as I am always the end user of my saws(yet to sell or trade one)but I wouldn't pay full retail for a down the road headache.

Last edited:
Pertaining to the few saws I had for sale that didn't have the tags on them... turns out the serial numbers were on the stickers stuck to the bottom. I took this info to the police, sheriffs dept. and every shop in a 30 mile radius. No one had any info. One shop owner said it's a 90 percent chance they originally came from him; however, since husqvarna doesn't have a data tracking system like stihl there's no way to tell and not to worry about it. Few said some people remove them for tax and liability reasons?
Who knows...I'd never do it.
Fun fact- When I was asking the shops if they've ever been burglarized, turns out all have; however, none ever involved any new Husqvarna saws! What's wrong with Husky??....Prejudice burglars!!

I'll just have to fabricate a custom Snellerized model plate for it:)

This is on my 372XP that I boult from new cases.
IMG_6800-M.jpg

Why didn't I get 1 for my 395????!!!!! :)

I'm still undecided what to do. My intention was to only keep one of the two, this saw or my 2165. Now I don't know. I want to keep them both, lol. If I do, they'll both be ported. I've always preferred the 50mm cylinder, but am toying with the idea of a new 75cc topend, and selling the topend that's on it. Options, options. What to do? Isn't that half the fun:)
Nah just mod the 2171 to death and get me that 2165. Lol. Awesome collection of saws u have goin. I couldn't separate them...

Latest posts

Back