Another Stihl-064 bb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are members who have put the 084 carburetor on 064/066/660 saws before but I don't think info was posted about it. I can measure the 084 intake boot if you like. I can get one of those and send it if you need one.

I think the linkages for the 084 carburetor will be tricky on the 064. You may have to make a custom wire frame throttle control.

Thank you again Jacob ,i have ordered one of the intake boot from my dealer to day. The throttle is going to be as you say ,by wire i think that will be the easiest way to go.

I haven't done anything lately on the saw because it has been to cold out on the barn. But i have done some small stuff in my house ,and to day i tested the parts on the saw,i have started it with the 084 carb and the Go-kart carb ,the wire control is not finished yet ,here are some pictures of it.

forgasser036.jpg

forgasser035.jpg

Here is a little update on the saw build of mine ,the saw is now put together like i will have it ? the saw runs fine and seems to have some power to .I will try to get me a large log to make some cuts in .Anyway here is a little video of me running the saw ,it has the gokart carburettor on now.(walbro wb32)

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid274.photobucket.com/albums/jj254/supermajorcounty/stihl-orange001.flv">

Last edited:
Nice looking and sounding saw you have there. Well done.
Is that a TE20 in the background?

Thought it was even though it is hiding under the snow. Excellent tractors and beautifully made once you start taking them apart. I've got a early 50s TED 20 and several for spares. I wonder how many of today's electronic marvels will still be running in 60 years time!

Sounds and looks great Bonden. How did you end up controlling your throttle? Finished pics of that would be cool!

I will take some pictures to morrow . I used some throttle wire and wire locks from go kart supplies ,you will see when i post some pictures of it. I hope to get another filter for it ,but the shops in Norway don't have much filter in stock. I think more angle on it ,and a shorter filter will be nice.The carb cover is hard to fit now with the velocity stack on , it fits with out it on tho.

Here are the pictures as promised.

I welded on a bracket and put the adjustable wire bolt on the lower carburettor cower
stihl-orange006.jpg

The wire is pulled throe the gas trigger and back into a wire lock
stihl-orange007.jpg

stihl-orange016.jpg

The wire is plastic welded into the cower on the inside of the rear handle and secured with the blue wire lock.

stihl-orange018.jpg

Thank you for appreciate some of my crazy ideas guys. Do any of you know where i can get me a orange filter wrap to this filter (KN-RU-1770),or is there a website who sells Kn or some other filter i can make fit the saw a little bet her (2"-7/16 ,62mm) more angle than 20 ?

Latest posts

Back