Another Stihl-064 bb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonden

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am going to build another 064 Big-bore ,lots of parts missing but i will rebuild the crankcase these days . I have Glass /media ? blasted the crankcase to day and i am going to get it powder coated next week, any ideas on what color i should get on it ?. . The Stihl saw should be white and orange, but he last one i did was painted Black with the original orange plastic cowers.I will post pictures later .

I am going to build another 064 Big-bore ,lots of parts missing but i will rebuild the crankcase these days . I have Glass /media ? blasted the crankcase to day and i am going to get it powder coated next week, any ideas on what color i should get on it ?. . The Stihl saw should be white and orange, but he last one i did was painted Black with the original orange plastic cowers.I will post pictures later .

Looking forward to seeing it, the last one was great- keep us posted. I'm working on an 056 that will be a creme color where it was white, and cherry red where it was orange. Should look good.

Keep us posted with picture of the build and other saw.

I have-been looking at this color ,but i guess some other chainsaw brand has some color like it .But how is this going to gether with Stihl orange
kawasaki-green.jpg

I have-been looking at this color ,but i guess some other chainsaw brand has some color like it .But how is this going to gether with Stihl orange
kawasaki-green.jpg
Like Christmas?

Your previous one sounds like Halloween. :clap:

What about earth tones? Not bright enough?

I have seen your last saw all painted up and it looked cool, post some pictures on the new one when your finished with it.

This was when the saw arrived to me
fotballsag043.jpg

Here is the first photo of the saw cleaned up ready for powder coating .But what color should i choose.
atvmotorsag024.jpg

Oh yeah!!!:clap:
Have you any picture sample to post on this color ,and do you think the powder-coater usually have this in stock. Cobalt blue will look good to on the crankcase but then i think the plastic have to change color as well.

To day i went out to get some more parts for this project ,i went to a company that sells go-kart parts ,he had 2 expansion chamber mufflers that i can make fit my saws.He also had equipment to measure horsepower on go-kart engines , with some modification on my saw he said he will be able to test it to.This man has been modifying and porting go-karts engines for 20 year`s .
stihl-064-bb284.jpg

You mite not like it but the color i chose was orange, so i guess many of you think i have converted to Husqvarna (Husky) that is not the case. I haven't got it back from the powder coater yet maybe on Tuesday he says. I am also getting the crankshaft checked out by the go-kart man for straightness (balance).

Back