Any advice on this butcher job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urban Forester said:
Where in my post do you see the pharse "complete loss" or anything close to it?
Whoops, my bad, I was quoting Maas, and tarred you with his brush.:dizzy:

It was a poster from out west that agreed with him on that "complete loss" assessment, and I mixed you in instead, and that was a pharse.:laugh:

I agree with everything that you said, UF.:blob2:

your pictures of those pecan trees is same way all the tree trimming co. in my area do it. i had 5 maples and they cut tops just like that tree.they are now sprouting new growth all over. i also did not like what i saw but every tree co. here in pa. cuts trees this way.they all seem to want to top trees, must be way they are told.they look awful first year but second , new sprouting come in.

Mike Barcaskey said:
I dont know where you live commanche, but its not everyone in pa
that's a stupid generalization
i live in lock haven,pa.there are 3 tree companies here and they all take tops off the trees .they top birch and i saw maples all tops are cut off.those trees were about 40 ft high, now they are about 25 to 30.sucker things are growing all over them.i have yet to find one that does not take tops off.they all say YOU DONT WANT THEM TO GET TO HIGH.thats saying when they look at trees for you.

topping trees

hope i made no one mad ,only what i see.here is another one. a tree company will come out and top the trees off.then another one that did not get job will say, MAN, THATS AWFUL JOB, THOSE TREES ARE GOING TO DIE,WHO DID THAT JOB. then you go and look at company that said that was a bad job and you will see that they TOPPED THE TREES OFF TOO. ride around and look at jobs done and you will see many ,many trees with tops cut off.take care.

commanche, I'm :)

There are a lot of good companies in PA. Two reasons you may not notice,

1) when a tree is properly pruned you usually cant tell
2) the good companies are usually more expensive, folks in your area may not/can not afford them

Mike

advice

Trinity Honoria said:
A neighbor had some tree work done this week. I ran into her and asked what had happened... steam began to flow from her ears-- "I only asked him to open up the view to the house. Did you see what he did to my hemlock?"

Her primary question i pose here: will the hemlock survive this 'tree service' work?

and her parting words to me: "I should've known he didn't know what he was doing-- he was the cheapest."

Let me note that this work was performed by the fella that i had a run in with in July when he worked on the yard next door to me...

What's the prognosis for these trees?
my advice contact an attorney who will take the case then contact an ASCA arborist to give you real numbers and facts dig up pics before and after old photos of the house etc etc, contact the bbb your insurance keep a record(in pen) of who when about what you spoke about your building a case and either go for replacement or crown resto fees down the road

jmack,
unfortunately, in my area, folks who have their trees topped want them that way and the toppers keep on cutting.
I've tried to talk to people and hand out info, but most of the time I am told to mind my own business.
Hey it their tree and they can do what they want with it :cry:

mike

Mike Barcaskey said:
jmack,
unfortunately, in my area, folks who have their trees topped want them that way and the toppers keep on cutting.
I've tried to talk to people and hand out info, but most of the time I am told to mind my own business.
Hey it their tree and they can do what they want with it :cry:
oh i know it mike no agrument from me i was commenting on the original pics from trinity j

topping

jmack said:
oh i know it mike no agrument from me i was commenting on the original pics from trinity j
i was a youngster when a customer tried to put me in a bad spot like that

On the bright side, if it turns out the trees need removed she already knows who the lowest bidder will be!:greenchainsaw:

SilentElk said:
On the bright side, if it turns out the trees need removed she already knows who the lowest bidder will be!:greenchainsaw:

i do like the way you think!!!

perhaps if i ever need a tree taken down, i'll have to go to NC and sweet talk treeseer or call TreeCo in GA & beg him... pay double... but i have come to trust few of the locals... maybe DDM does take downs... he's not too far away...

Mike Barcaskey said:
commanche, I'm :)

There are a lot of good companies in PA. Two reasons you may not notice,

1) when a tree is properly pruned you usually cant tell
2) the good companies are usually more expensive, folks in your area may not/can not afford them

Mike
true, mike,the ones that did my trees were 600 dollars cheaper than the other.i looked at both companies and they all TOPPED the trees off.i agree, most people ONLY look at cheapest price.but thats a lotof extra work to take tops off the treees. i would have still paid the price i did if they would not have topped the trees.THEY SAID, YOU DONT WANT THOSE MAPLES GETTING TO HIGH, THEY SHOULD BE TOPPED.hell, we are only going by the EXPERTS ,thats them on what to do.my trees were 40 ft high now they are 30,tops are off. i only went by 3 companies advice and they all said TOP THE TREES.

if those tress are not topped by someone, nature surely will. Actually this could very well be cleaning up broken branches . The trees will survive and likly do very well. I know in minnesota i have hacked oak trees and elms far more than this just to get them to survive. The ones that get hacked live and the others die.

If you dont top off your ash trees you will have a mess of broken branches or up roots for sure. I cut back a pile of ash trees for a hospital and the next year we had a storm all the ones that where hacked looked great and the ones that werent have to be removed they were spilt right down the center or looked really bad. I am sure i will get chewed on for this post but thats ok , experience and happy customers beats politically correct.

QUOTE=Abbershay]if those tress are not topped by someone, nature surely will. Actually this could very well be cleaning up broken branches . The trees will survive and likly do very well. I know in minnesota i have hacked oak trees and elms far more than this just to get them to survive. The ones that get hacked live and the others die.

If you dont top off your ash trees you will have a mess of broken branches or up roots for sure. I cut back a pile of ash trees for a hospital and the next year we had a storm all the ones that where hacked looked great and the ones that werent have to be removed they were spilt right down the center or looked really bad. I am sure i will get chewed on for this post but thats ok , experience and happy customers beats politically correct.[/QUOTE]
_________________________________________________________________________________

:jawdrop: Some thing is a little strange here, check out post #3

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=212752#post212752

Back