Any Honda Engine Guys Out There?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced carb with brand new one from another machine, as well as fuel pump, gas is 1 day old. Engine still "hunts" under load. Is it pretty much narrowed down to the internal governor? Thanks.

check for a leak between carb and head i work on hondas and the plastic spacer warp between carb and head and causes a surge

check for a leak between carb and head i work on hondas and the plastic spacer warp between carb and head and causes a surge

Ended up having to adjust the governor rod that comes out from the engine, along with the choke/throttle cable.

^^^^ 99% of the time surging is cauzed by an air leak which creates a lean mix....anytime my kawi engines surge, i know its time to replace the intake manifold gaskets. usually get 2 years outa them before they disintegrate. The honda carb and others use thoses plastic spacers on the carbs that can crack also causing surging.......surging at full throttle, look for air leaks by spraying carb cleaner around carb and intake manifold gaskets, u will find the leak fast.

Latest posts

Back