any husky 372xp comments?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techdave

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, I need a saw for bucking 18-32 inch pine and oak, and for occasional milling of Coutler, Ponderosa, and Jeffrey pine up to 28 inches. I can get a new 372xp from a local dealer in Spring Valley CA for about $600. Any comments, advice, etc. Ps I am not a pro tree guy, although I do some felling and bucking as side jobs, most of my saw work is for our own firewood, and as a volunteer in a state park (using their saws most of the time).

Perfect for your felling and bucking requirements. Underpowered for milling. I wouldn't want to mill that size stuff w/o at least 90 cc's.

husky 372xp comments

thanks guys, I will lay off the serious milling until i can afford at least a 90 cc saw. Right now the ripping (to make benches and chairs and tables is being done by my "walkerized" LOL 42cc 20 inch craftsman/poulan. I was using a 3.7 cid poulan with a scored cylinder I got from the trash but it finally got too scored to run. Thanks for the info, Dave.

Back