Any Stihl 650 magnum owners out there???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laugh:
I believe the price difference between the 650 and 660 is too small for many people to even consider the 650.

Same weight and less power isn't very appealing....

And what, isn't it only like $100 less?

Look smithie, you've got a decent saw. Well built and designed. It's just not up to par with what it can be simply with a larger cylinder-the 660. There's no substitute for it.

How does it mill for you is what's important. ;)

Last edited:
The inlaws have a 650 because they had to have a saw and there were no 660s. They like it well enough. They say there is only minimal differences. They log red oak mainly. 5-6 loads a day.

Fred

got an 064 and love it!

should be about same size as MS 650, but have not done a side by side yet.

Well to buy a 660 here is over $200.00 more (I got the 650 for just over $800.00) and we are only talking about 7 more CC's, so I guess it's all in how you look at it.
May not do the trick for oak, but it works fine on Douglas fir and alder, and has basically the same spec's as the 660 except for displacement.

smithie55 said:
Well to buy a 660 here is over $200.00 more (I got the 650 for just over $800.00) and we are only talking about 7 more CC's, so I guess it's all in how you look at it.
May not do the trick for oak, but it works fine on Douglas fir and alder, and has basically the same spec's as the 660 except for displacement.

I bet it works just fine in Oak!

Same deal as the 034 verses the 036, and many more examples. A heck of a lot of 034 were sold even though it "underperformed" the 036. Price works for a lot of people, and the saws do as well.

How bizaar.

I was just in the shop today looking at this phenomenium, coz that's what it is.

Have the crouts lost their mind?

The thing weighs as much as a 66 but has a lot less grunt.

Now where's Sap, I'll have to let him know about this highly advanced German intellect making this saw. Nearly as smart as the 441 by the looks. :bang:

There is exactly a $100 difference at list between similarly equipped models of the 650 and 660, on all bar lengths from 16 inches (yes, it's a option) to 36 inches.

At $200, the dealer was giving a great deal.

well I hope so :D
a new saw should be better than an 15year old one.

but spec's are in 064's favor. MS 650 is based upon 660 and weights aprox. same with less displacement.

064 puts out aprox same HP as 650, but weights less.

064 - 84.9cc, 6.5hp, 15.2lb

MS 650 84.9 cc (5.2 cu. in. ) 4.8 kW (6.4 bhp) 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs.)

Mr. said:
650 kills the 064 IMO.

Fred

650 or 660

My dealer has the 650 in stock. If you want a 660 it'll take a couple of days to get one in.
He told me that they didn't really sell many 650's though, most people just order the 660. I'm not sure why they stock the 650's if this is the case. Maybe Stihl wants certain dealers to keep certain models in stock. Who knows? Maybe one of the "mere employees" :D here would know about that.

Mitch

SinglerM said:
My dealer has the 650 in stock. If you want a 660 it'll take a couple of days to get one in.
He told me that they didn't really sell many 650's though, most people just order the 660. I'm not sure why they stock the 650's if this is the case. Maybe Stihl wants certain dealers to keep certain models in stock. Who knows? Maybe one of the "mere employees" :D here would know about that.

Mitch

It's merely the Dealers choice... We don't stock a 650 either, but will get one overnight when someone wants one. Stihl has saws, blowers, weed eates etc at every "price point" in the spectrum - most dealers don't stock everything... For example, on back pack blowers we just stock the lowest power (340) and the top the range (600), and ignore the 380, 420, 500 and 550... but if you want one, we get it.

Ekka said:
How bizaar.

I was just in the shop today looking at this phenomenium, coz that's what it is.

Have the crouts lost their mind?

The thing weighs as much as a 66 but has a lot less grunt.

Now where's Sap, I'll have to let him know about this highly advanced German intellect making this saw. Nearly as smart as the 441 by the looks. :bang:

Sap's been busy. But it is funny how the Stihl fans will eat their own shat.

coveredinsap said:

Strangely enough.... except for my neighbors dog I don't know anyone that's into Coprophagia, but after a short walk though Hells Kitchen, and in my non-medical opinion, it sure seems like your suffer from: coprolalia

And if you can't use search, here's the definition:

NOUN:

The uncontrolled, often obsessive use of obscene or scatological language that may accompany certain mental disorders....

Or maybe it's just coprophilia:

An abnormal, often obsessive interest in excrement, especially the use of feces for sexual excitement

Either way, get treatment...

Last edited:
coveredinsap said:

Just think Sap, thanks to Stihl they made a movie over in Hells Kitchen last week about you. I never laffed so hard in my life. Your now a bonified star Sap. You a have star on the sidewalk in the AS site,lolololololol,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back