Any Thoughts On Efco Saws? Distributor Is Now Carrying Them

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just went to check on the local big distributor and saw that along with the dolmar and solo saws... they have started carrying efco including their cutoff saws. any comparisons or positive input? italian is all i know. be honest if they are crappy.

Since the whole JD-Efco thing went to crap Efco's have been available everywhere, even some box stores. If their marketing team keeps at it, they might possibly be a threat to the Husqvarna empire. I guess their marketing team is doing their job. Ive never ran one, but I have heard their solid saws.

great sawz tougher then husky

they are great. sig line shows seveval of my abused green step children. check out the warranty beats stihl husky,echo, dolmar,solo. do a search under jd sawz. my personal likes are as follows
#1 Stihl
#2 Dolmar And Solo
#3 Efco
#4 Husqvarna
#5 Echo
#6 Poulan/Craftsman/Mcculloch
this list is any saw made after 1990
any of the sawz above before 1990 rule:clap:
:givebeer:

AOD is spot on. Since the demise of the JD-Efco thing, they are going nts trying to fill the void. With the current Euro/Dollar exchange rate they stand to make some good money if they get a strong foothold in the US. I would like to see them succeed.

I did notice that there are a lot more rental yards using Efco than Stihl or Husky around here right now. I think that they are replacing parts without question under their warranty to get a stronger foothold as well. I bet once they get more established things will tighten up a bit. But we'll see.

Jason

Judging by the ones I've run, they're well built, solid saws. Definitely on the heavy side, though. Local septic pumping company runs mixers with Emak engines on them also, they beat the living daylights out of those mixers, but they hold up well.

Latest posts

Back