anybody burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got down to 29 here last night. I have been burning a few days now with the new furnace. Wow what a difference from the old furnace!

I've always loved you! :heart:

:laugh: You must have me confused with someone else!:biggrinbounce2:

woolly-sheep-marlborough_15388.jpg

We said no fires untill Oct. We've had a couple cold nights but we've hung in there. Helps that the wife has a bun in the oven last year we would have 3-4 blankets on the bed.. Tonight is abit cold but so I can a flame in the stove come the weekend..

It was 41 degrees the other morning: you bet I'm burning. I don't want to turn the furnance on until 11/1.

Cleveland Ohio Checking in...

And yes so far I've fired up the insert twice. With highs in the mid fifties the house temp has been around 62. Not that bad but still a good excuse to get a fire goin' IMO.

I hit a deer on my motorcycle on Aug. 15th. and was life flighted to PDX and let me say, if it was'nt for the gear, I would be dead!
Oh yea, were burning at night now, good thing I got my wood this spring!!!<BR>

Hang in there K7:chainsawguy:

Yup, the season is here. I burned over the weekend, and both last night and tonight. Temps have been in the high 30's to low 40's the last few nights, and it has been cloudy with a few showers during the day, so there is no help from the sun. It's not exactly "cold" like it will be in a couple of months, but the house gets down to where you need some kind of heat, so I lit up.

Early season like this, I burn the small diameter wood and all of the chunks that seem to accumulate. I have two crates from tractor attachments that I use for chunk boxes on the side of the wood shed. In one of my anal moods I measured them and calculated that they hold .43 of a cord, and they are both full.

I never really intend to cut stupid sized pieces like that, but the chunks come from trimming blocks that are too long, and there are some cookies in there from some saw testing. You can't stack that stuff, so I set it aside in these crates. No point in wasting it, right? What do you guys do with odd sized stuff like that?

Call me a woose.. I fired her up this morning!

Well the temperature dipped from mid 90's as a high to mid 60's with lows in the low 40s... I couldnt stand it even after putting on a wool sweater, so I fired her up and warmed the house to a nice 80 (well it's what us Californians are used to). It's messy at times, but ya Gotta love the wood heat!!!

How are they "leaders" if they are being lapped?

Well, before you can race with the big boys, you have to race in your novice class, to get enough points to get out. Were split up by cc size, since I was an 1100, I went LAST in the SAME race, therefore, I had to LAP people to gain more points to get into the big leagues. But I'm sure you already knew that?
Yes, I made it to the big leagues.:clap:

You gotta fire that baby up..! With the wind and rain, it's pretty chilly out. Had my CB036 started Monday afternoon. This evening was the first time I turned on the blower inthe house. Toasty..:biggrinbounce2:

You're telling me. We blew in insulation last night...you know how it is waiting for other people to get things done! The only good thing is that my father in law that's helping goes to Arizona for the winter, so he's pushing to get done and go south.

winter of 08/09 was the best snow covered winter we have had here in 10 years.. pray for a better one again!!

:agree2:It was a good winter for snow here. I snowmobiled more last year than I ever had combined. Never really got in it but went with the in laws and a big trip with my cousin, and it was a blast!

Yup, the season is here. I burned over the weekend, and both last night and tonight. Temps have been in the high 30's to low 40's the last few nights, and it has been cloudy with a few showers during the day, so there is no help from the sun. It's not exactly "cold" like it will be in a couple of months, but the house gets down to where you need some kind of heat, so I lit up.

Early season like this, I burn the small diameter wood and all of the chunks that seem to accumulate. I have two crates from tractor attachments that I use for chunk boxes on the side of the wood shed. In one of my anal moods I measured them and calculated that they hold .43 of a cord, and they are both full.

I never really intend to cut stupid sized pieces like that, but the chunks come from trimming blocks that are too long, and there are some cookies in there from some saw testing. You can't stack that stuff, so I set it aside in these crates. No point in wasting it, right? What do you guys do with odd sized stuff like that?

i was thinking of making a box outta pallets and just tossin it all in. i usually scatter them around on top of my piles which is a pita when im trying to fill up the cellar with wood.

we burned the last few nights, not a big fire, but got some heat out, lows in the mid 40s

It was 41 degrees the other morning: you bet I'm burning. I don't want to turn the furnance on until 11/1.
Furnace? hum, now that is a noval idea, might get me one of those someday.

cleaned the garage, and fired up the stove last night for the first time/test run.

going to GTG today, and only to be 55 degs here so the wife and baby might get a tad cool. still 67 degs in the house so who knows.

really should stay home and split and haul. have less then a cord stacked at the house, but ya got to get away sometime. :greenchainsaw:

Wife went out shopping with her mom so I slept in today (9am), just got up and it's freaking cold, must be about 15 or roughly 60 for you US guys. Normally I don 't mind because I'm up and into the shower then out the door but today.. brrr.. So.. time to bring some wood in..

I normally turn on the furnace this time of year and save the wood for when it gets cold, but I got a new stove and these 40 degree nights are the perfect time to do break in and test run it. I've ran it twice over night so far and I'm pretty impressed with it. :clap: I'm just not sure what to call it, owb or wood furnace or just call it my outdoor stove? It is the Lil House Outdoor Wood Heater, but that name really is too long, even LHOWH is a bit long. Guess I'll just call it my stove for short :givebeer:

I bought a small 1000w generator to go along with the stove to keep it powered during our frequent ice storms.
DSCF0031.jpg

Left overs from last year!! Its about 4ft deep and 6ft tall and when I get it filled in it will be about 14ft long. Since this pic was takin I've added a nice supply of hedge to the left side of the pile!!
DSCF0036.jpg

The wood truck
DSCF0033.jpg

Back