Anybody have a 235e/240e?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they junk or decent?I haven't ben able to find any REAL info on them.Thanks

I'm not too sure about these new 200's. They are made down in Shreveport, which means that they probably have some parts in common with some Poulan product. (maybe the next "wild thing" ???)

The 435/440 are made in Sweden. They cost a little more, but they are actually a little bit lighter than the 200's, and they cut noticeably better.

All of these saws are X-torq, (strato charged), engines.

Are they junk or decent?I haven't ben able to find any REAL info on them.Thanks

I'm not too sure about these new 200's. They are made down in Shreveport, which means that they probably have some parts in common with some Poulan product. (maybe the next "wild thing" ???)

The 435/440 are made in Sweden. They cost a little more, but they are actually a little bit lighter than the 200's, and they cut noticeably better.

All of these saws are X-torq, (strato charged), engines.

Troll should be able to offer some advise. I believe these are older saws, built in Sweden.

you guys are way off.

1. 235 / 240 are a massive improvement on the pos 137 / 142 series. you almost have to sit on them to stall compared to the older consumer huskys. I was very surprised at how well they go. can be harder to tune, so u need to know what you are doing...

2. 435 / 440 are not made in sweden, they are USA saws using swedish components

3. 235 / 240 are nothing like a poulan... they might be in 10 years or so like they did with the 136 141 etc...

there are only 2 things i didnt like about them, the switch and the chain brake both feel "different"

not bad, just different. consumerised would be the better word to describe

STK

You guys are all wrong!I stopped by a local dealer and he said "The small Husky's are all made by Ryobi,and the bigger one are FAR better than Stihl!"!!!No BS,i said thanks i'll be back later.

you guys are way off.

2. 435 / 440 are not made in sweden, they are USA saws using swedish components

STK

Well, the one sitting on my counter right now says Sweden on the saw, but made in USA on the box. However, there are also serial numbers on the boxes from 240's in addition to the ones for the 440's. :dizzy: I'll look into this next week and see if I can make anysense out of it.

I was told that it was the 200's that were made in the US using Swedish parts.

Well, the one sitting on my counter right now says Sweden on the saw, but made in USA on the box. However, there are also serial numbers on the boxes from 240's in addition to the ones for the 440's. :dizzy: I'll look into this next week and see if I can make anysense out of it.

I was told that it was the 200's that were made in the US using Swedish parts.

450 ex sweden... 435 440 come out of the usa assembly line. have faith in the kiwi! but like I say the componentry is ex sweden

lol @ ryobi making husky

You guys are all wrong!I stopped by a local dealer and he said "The small Husky's are all made by Ryobi,and the bigger one are FAR better than Stihl!"!!!No BS,i said thanks i'll be back later.

You might want to look for another dealer. The 235/240 have the same cat muffler as my 2006 Craftsman/Poulan. In that the small Husqvarnas have been made/assembled in the USA for a while(Poulan), and the new ones use the same cat muffler as the new Craftsman/Poulan, I'm inclined to say "if it quacks like a duck..."

The Husqvarna 340, 345, 350 were made in Sweden, so not Ryobis.

The 40cc Ryobi(made in China) is reputed to have the Redmax(Zenoah Komatsu) engine in it, and Redmax is made in Japan.

Your dealer knows more than the guys that hang out on AS? I would be surprised if that were the case. My own local dealer didn't know that Husqvarna had axes in their catalog, and didn't even have bar nuts in stock.:dizzy:

You might want to look for another dealer. The 235/240 have the same cat muffler as my 2006 Craftsman/Poulan. In that the small Husqvarnas have been made/assembled in the USA for a while(Poulan), and the new ones use the same cat muffler as the new Craftsman/Poulan, I'm inclined to say "if it quacks like a duck..."

The Husqvarna 340, 345, 350 were made in Sweden, so not Ryobis.

The 40cc Ryobi(made in China) is reputed to have the Redmax(Zenoah Komatsu) engine in it, and Redmax is made in Japan.

Your dealer knows more than the guys that hang out on AS? I would be surprised if that were the case. My own local dealer didn't know that Husqvarna had axes in their catalog, and didn't even have bar nuts in stock.:dizzy:

your dealer sounds tops. you should get him to pay you for some education.

Back