Stihl Bar and Chain Weights

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherNettle

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a chart of Stihl bar and chain weights. I may have a shot at a used 32" Light bar and chain at a decent discount for my MS462CM, but want to compare the weight with my current 28" bar and chain. Not that I need a 32", but I kind of want the longer bar (and this is America, so that's good enough). I just don't want to increase the strain on my back and arms much while doing it. So, can someone direct me to a chart, or does someone have fairly accurate weights for the standard 28" bar and chain versus the 32" Light bar and chain?

There were some threads about it in past, but I don't know anyone has ever put together a complete chart. For instance, a guy weighed a 25" ES at 3 lbs 7.5oz and a 28" ES Light at 2 lbs 11.5oz. It's going to be 14 percent more ft-lbs of force to hold on to because of the added length, but if the 32" ES Light is 15-20 percent lighter than the 28" ES (assuming the difference is comparable to the 25/28 difference) then it won't really be more strain. That should be about right because the ES Light is supposed to be 30 percent lighter than the ES the same size.

Latest posts

Back