Anybody know anything about the guy who ported this 550XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if he actually uses that one, or does he leave it idling on the bench too?

And the pics of the actual 550 parts don't appear to be altered in any way except the handlebar and muffler. Perhaps after breakin on the bench with several gallons of fuel idled through it it just looks stock again. Maybe he should offer to re-port the saw when the original porting wears off?

I was wondering how he racked up 1000 hours on a saw? Seems like you would have to be out cutting wood full time to do that. Can't be cutting wood if you're heading up corporate departments and stuff....

And usually they seek literate people for those types of jobs.

And where does one buy these super round ceramic bearings? I would like to put some of them in my truck engine so I can increase the power 25%.

If he does some race saws, maybe Cahoon knows of him. That must be a small world.

"When I do a full Ceramic bearing and ring version, including Ceramic needle bearings on both rod ends, these saws run on 150 to 200:1"

Thats a new one to me

"I mill around 1mm from the base of the cylinder and use a super thin base gasket to raise compression."

can you cut that much and still have enough squish on that. Brad Or Mastermind can probly answer that. never touched a 550

still abit out of my price range regardless lol

The guys a joke......

I believe that this guy may be the origin of Mr Cahoon's now famous HaHaHaHaHaHa...it started right after he saw some of this guys machine work.

Hey gentelmen,,, please leave him alone till I get my saw back.. :angry: And not at u guys,,,LOL

I wouldn't give money to anyone for saw work who can't even take 30 seconds to proofread their ad. Check out this gem. WTF?

IF YOU WANT IT BEFORE I GET IT COMPLETED I WILL STILL HAVE TIME TO BUILD TO YOUR SPECIFICATIONS,

Yeah, I want the saw before he's built it. :confused: Actually, not a bad idea. Would be worth more that way.:laugh:

I wouldn't give money to anyone for saw work who can't even take 30 seconds to proofread their ad. Check out this gem. WTF?

Yeah, I want the saw before he's built it. :confused: Actually, not a bad idea. Would be worth more that way.:laugh:

I noticed in the photo on the transfer porting it looks uneven from one side to the other, when viewed from the bottom of the cylinder. I don't know a ton about porting but that stuck out to me. Would this be an issue? Mind you I don't port and I wouldn't until I knew properly about how to.

I SOLD MY FIRST ONE LAST MONTH TO A LOGGER IN CANADA.

Ok, so he's been building them for a month. No, wait a minute. . .

I started porting 2 stroke Motorcross bikes about 30 years ago

I do Husqvarna XP saws, as well as Stil pro and Dolmar Pro saws. I have done a few Echo saws and they work well modified.

Wow, he sure did a lot of saws in that month. . .

The crank is split and weight removed from both halves then balanced better than then come from the factory.

Why would anyone "split" a crank? Maybe he means he stepped on it? :laugh:

Ceramic bearings are thousands of times rounder than metal bearings and therefore generate very little drag and produce almost no heat.

So that's what's wrong with stock saws. Square ball bearings!

I TAKE CREDIT CARS OVER THE PHONE AND FREE FREIGHT. I

Just what I always wanted--a credit car! I'm not sure why I should give him free freight though?

I give credit, ceramic bearings do generate much less drag and run cooler, last longer, but thats the only legitimate thing i see... lol.

Back