Anybody know what these are?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I found this old picture and just wondered what the saws were.

attachment.php

Can't see the details very well but both saws seem to be in an "upright" position. IIANM one saw has to be mounted upside down or have it's rotation reversed in these setups.

Harry K

Harry,

The are mounted correctly and are opposed. There is one "upside down" Take another look and think about rotating the unit 90 degrees you will then see they are correct.

Bill

To my eye that looks like the angular, flat "mailbox" style 450/550 AF cover, rather than the more rounded S-250/300/etc cover. That would make them 450/550/S-550 saws.....assuming they're both the same and the AF covers haven't been swapped. 91, 99, or 103cc each.

Harry,

The are mounted correctly and are opposed. There is one "upside down" Take another look and think about rotating the unit 90 degrees you will then see they are correct.

Bill

Yep, the left powerhead is pulling the cutting (away from camera) side of the chain to the left.
The right powerhead is pulling the other side of the chain to the right.

100_3758.jpg

100_3757.jpg

100_3764.jpg

Here are my 550 and 650. You can see the 'mailbox' style AF cover on the 550 and the more rounded cover on the 650. I wish the OP's pic was a tad more clear. Can't quite tell for sure that the AF cover on the 'left' saw is a 'mailbox' style or not. Looks like it to me, but......

Latest posts

Back