Anybody near B-more want some free wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve2910

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My CL scrounge ad has netted 5 leads since yesterday afternoon. I already have plenty of wood, as well as a couple nice spots to cut wood that are close to home. I've been wondering if I should take my CL post down, but then I might miss out on the ultimate score:msp_wink:

Anyway... 2 callers were in Essex, 1 in Overlea, 1 in Edgewood, & 1 in Harrisburg, PA. Most told me the wood was Oak, but if you've ever done much scrounging you know they ALWAYS say it's Oak.
Anyone interested in taking a look @ any of these, PM me for the contact info.

Must be nice! I have like no one on CL around here for wood.

That's the problem, none of them are "around here"...

Years ago, I would have gladly traveled for wood (15-20 miles), I have since developed my scrounging "skill set" to the point that what would have been considered a score a few years ago no longer interests me too much. The exception is Black Locust, I'll go to the moon for it. Also, I'm (surprisingly) busy w/ paying work. Oh, the fact that I'm years ahead on my wood supply for the first time ever factors in as well.

Just hoping somebody can make use of the wood.

No kiddin ! The free firewood on CL around here only consist of old rotten stockade fencing. :(
Yep, if I was unemployed I could make firewood every day, just off of CL. There are also tons of CL posts around here trying to get some sucker to haul away a pickup load of sticks, old PT lumber, painted interior trim molding, etc. Every one of them call it good firewood.

Just got a call from a man in Pasadena... Says he has plenty of dead standing & storm damage in his woods. Cherry pick what you want & leave the brush. PM me for contact info. if interested.

Murderland

Is it "like that" where you are? I looked your town up out of curiosity & it looks like you're in the sticks like I'm in the sticks. Don't know of too many murders here, just a lot of kids w/ drug problems. Matter of fact, the only other reference I've ever heard made to "Murderland" was Bodymore Murderland in The Wire.

Is it "like that" where you are? I looked your town up out of curiosity & it looks like you're in the sticks like I'm in the sticks. Don't know of too many murders here, just a lot of kids w/ drug problems. Matter of fact, the only other reference I've ever heard made to "Murderland" was Bodymore Murderland in The Wire.

The Wire - best drama I've ever watched.

My wife and I were so hooked, kinda sad when it ended. She actually read Snoop's book afterwards - prior to her going back to jail... Snoop, not my wife ;)

My wife and I were so hooked, kinda sad when it ended. She actually read Snoop's book afterwards - prior to her going back to jail... Snoop, not my wife ;)

I got into it during the middle of the last season on HBO, then bought all 5 seasons on DVD... Our kids are w/ the folks most of the week when school's out, so an episode after (or during) dinner was our MO summer of 2008. I've watched it again start-to-finish about every 6-9 months since. As a matter of fact, I've got an episode of season 4 que'd up now. Will be watching it as soon as I submit this post. Cool watching a show that was filmed in your home town, even though we don't go downtown much anymore.

Been wanting to buy "The Corner" mini-series DVD, Also David Simon & also Baltimore, but the wife thinks it sounds too depressing... Guess I'll be watching that one by myself.

Maryland Politicians love murderers and hates gun ownership. It is next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit and they don't honor any other states permits. Most of the killing I speak of is in Baltimore & PG County.

I grew up with David Simon. Very smart guy with ability that he would use (not afraid of work) . I always knew he would be successful.

I am in Harford as well, but have more wood than I can store. It's nice to know there is plenty more out there.

Looks like August 7th ccp will be easier to get since the recent judge ruling... I'll believe when I see it.

I am in Harford as well, but have more wood than I can store. It's nice to know there is plenty more out there.

Looks like August 7th ccp will be easier to get since the recent judge ruling... I'll believe when I see it.

Can't wait for August 7th myself!! Just keeping my fingers crossed because I know how Maryland is.

Hey guy's, I'm up here in Carroll Co./Frederick Co. area and I'am looking for some hardwood material.. My tree guy I was getting wood from dried up a while back so i'm looking for any leed's... I got a "old" single axle dump truck that I can pick up material at the job site or from someones yard. Any help would be great, THANKS!!

Hey guy's, I'm up here in Carroll Co./Frederick Co. area and I'am looking for some hardwood material.. My tree guy I was getting wood from dried up a while back so i'm looking for any leed's... I got a "old" single axle dump truck that I can pick up material at the job site or from someones yard. Any help would be great, THANKS!!

How about some White Oak in Catonsville?

Back