My wood pile. Want some? (FREE WOOD IN NoVA!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. That's close to my house, but I don't have an open bed truck. Any idea if they let people cut to size? (er, a size small enough for me to toss into the truck?

I don't know for sure, but I rather doubt it. That's a gnarly pile, and pulling pieces off of it would likely result in some serious wood falling. Besides, they have logging trucks wandering in and out of there, and their own big equipment running around. This is not a retail operation. Having somebody working on the ground with a chainsaw wouldn't be the safest thing ever.

But it's not my yard, so it's not my call! You can PM me for the contact info, and then call and ask.

:cheers:

This guy is a pretty good operator and was placing pieces with precision.

Yeah, he's really good. He did OOPS once and drop a piece that took out my rear taillight on the way down, though. :(

Still makes for some cheap firewood! :D

I'm using this kind of stuff from my grandparents' property, from the last light-selective cut a couple years ago... About half of it would have gotten thrown over the hill if we didn't have a splitter! It's gnarley stuff (butts and crotches), but it burns well!

Mike

Hell of a deal Blue Ridge, You a okay kinda guy for sharing that, wish I was a couple thousand miles closer....here's to you:cheers::cheers:

Another NoVA Source

This thread has been quiet for awhile but I'm also offering some free wood in NoVA, so here goes.

I'm outside Leesburg, VA and selectively clearing out a couple acres of mostly locust, some elm and a bit of cherry. Have a couple pickup truck and/or trailer loads of logs and rounds ready and a couple more large locust and cherry trees I plan to drop when I can reduce my current inventory of logs. Some is seasoned, but most cut in past few weeks or months.

I can't burn it (no woodburning fireplace) but willing to pass it on to a few good folks from this site who can (got alot of good tips/info here). PM if you are interested in a load (when and how much; logs and/or rounds), particularly soon while the ground is frozen.

-gavski

Back