• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Free firewood (saw logs)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidecarflip

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
trying without results to give away my saw logs. I can load anything from a trailer to a semi. Logs are from 5 feet long to 10 feet long, all mixed and mostly aged hardwood. I don't heat with wood but I have numerous acres of mixed hardwood mature trees that I keep thinned and remove downed timber.

I'm 15 miles north of Toledo, Ohio right of US 23 so I'm easy to get to and room for any size truck in the barn side yard. Logs are from 6" to 30+ inches in diameter and I have the equipment to load them in your truck, dump truck, trailer or semi trailer or semi dump

This is by appointment only. If interested, please leave a message at 517 442 9774 and I'll get back to you to arrange the pickup

The chip pile resulted from me 'borrowing' one of the arborists I sharpen knives and loops for. Diesel powered Bandit. The one he owns has a bad habit of plugging up where the discharge chute curves a top the cutting flywheel and I fabbed up a door that fits on the underside of the curve. Makes life for him a lot easier, so while it was here, I used it a bit and chipped up the limbs I normally burn. Big pile as well as my burn piles are always huge. Remember, I'm a closet pyro.

The chip pile resulted from me 'borrowing' one of the arborists I sharpen knives and loops for. Diesel powered Bandit. The one he owns has a bad habit of plugging up where the discharge chute curves a top the cutting flywheel and I fabbed up a door that fits on the underside of the curve. Makes life for him a lot easier, so while it was here, I used it a bit and chipped up the limbs I normally burn. Big pile as well as my burn piles are always huge. Remember, I'm a closet pyro.
My wife accuses me of being a pyromaniac. I say nah, i just like to burn stuff.

trying without results to give away my saw logs. I can load anything from a trailer to a semi. Logs are from 5 feet long to 10 feet long, all mixed and mostly aged hardwood. I don't heat with wood but I have numerous acres of mixed hardwood mature trees that I keep thinned and remove downed timber.

I'm 15 miles north of Toledo, Ohio right of US 23 so I'm easy to get to and room for any size truck in the barn side yard. Logs are from 6" to 30+ inches in diameter and I have the equipment to load them in your truck, dump truck, trailer or semi trailer or semi dump

This is by appointment only. If interested, please leave a message at 517 442 9774 and I'll get back to you to arrange the pickup
Sir I'm in Spring Branch Texas try to start a firewood business. Where are you located

if you were anywhere close I'd take all...friend with 21 acres of space who also burns wood. O well :(

I've told myself one day I am going to hire a semi to drive out to Wyoming with a load of hardwood logs. Just to see how they burn and if they really are greatly better than the Spruce, pine and fire we burn here.

I've always been curious.

That firewood chart has a few shortcomings.
Ironwood can be either hop hornbeam or blue beech depending on where you are. The charts I have looked at show hop hornbeam as higher btus than hickory, not less. Hedge has higher btus than any of them, but it isn't on the chart at all.

That firewood chart has a few shortcomings.
Ironwood can be either hop hornbeam or blue beech depending on where you are. The charts I have looked at show hop hornbeam as higher btus than hickory, not less. Hedge has higher btus than any of them, but it isn't on the chart at all.
Also gotta keep in mind that those are just from the samples they gathered and tested. Really dense wood/tight grain of healthy suppressed trees, limbwood (ex. Fir), burled/gnarled, etc. wood will have higher btus than average.

I've told myself one day I am going to hire a semi to drive out to Wyoming with a load of hardwood logs. Just to see how they burn and if they really are greatly better than the Spruce, pine and fire we burn here.

I've always been curious.
Sure its better! People around here won't touch pine or spruce for fires. Can't even give it away for firewood. They all think it will cause a Chimney fire.

Back