Anybody want a smoking deal on a new Drolet Tundra/Heatmax? or a stove?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of Menard's but sounds like they have real good prices on stuff.
They are a family owned chain started by the old man in WI back in the sixtys. IIRC, he started selling lumber out of his garage because all the local yards were too high priced...took off from there. They are scattered throughout the midwest now. I love having one nearby, way better service, selection and price than Lowes IMO, HD Too. Once in a while they have "too-good-to be-true sales" like the recent Tundra sale. They had a $1200 insert for $700 back in the late fall. DHT 22T splitter (normally $1200) for $700 at Christmas time. This is all brand new full warranty undamaged stuff! Oh, and random freebies (after in store credit rebate) frequently. I probably sound like I have some affiliation with them or something, but I don't...'cept they get a piece of my paycheck once in a while! :innocent:

They are a family owned chain started by the old man in WI back in the sixtys. IIRC, he started selling lumber out of his garage because all the local yards were too high priced...took off from there. They are scattered throughout the midwest now. I love having one nearby, way better service, selection and price than Lowes IMO, HD Too. Once in a while they have "too-good-to be-true sales" like the recent Tundra sale. They had a $1200 insert for $700 back in the late fall. DHT 22T splitter (normally $1200) for $700 at Christmas time. This is all brand new full warranty undamaged stuff! Oh, and random freebies (after in store credit rebate) frequently. I probably sound like I have some affiliation with them or something, but I don't...'cept they get a piece of my paycheck once in a while! :innocent:

Do they ship to your home or do you have to pick up in store?

I picked up my Tundra today at Menard's! It's not going to get installed anytime soon but I will plug it in and do a burn or two in the driveway before long just to burn off all the volatiles.:givebeer:

I picked up my Tundra today at Menard's! It's not going to get installed anytime soon but I will plug it in and do a burn or two in the driveway before long just to burn off all the volatiles.:givebeer:
My nephew and I went and picked theirs up last night, not sure when it can be installed, need a few warmer days. I'd like to do a break in fire but at the same time I'd like to keep the crate intact for the trip into the basement...o_O

I plan on firing it up on the skid, minus the uprights of course. I don't imagine the bottom gets hot enough to worry about. It may have to sit in the driveway wrapped up until spring. I figure cold won't hurt it.

Look at the tracking not in yet . Might be next year project . I was looking how low the door was would like to raise it up higher . Anyone made a stand ?

I've been kicking around pulling the trigger on one of these for awhile. That price would have me jumping if my insurance agent hadn't just given me word yesterday that although Im grandfathered in with my current indoor wood furnace, if I buy a new indoor unit Im too far from a fire station to be insured by them:(. It's either go OWB, keep what I have, or find a new agent. Unfortunately the agent is a family friend but damn, don't tell me what I can and can't do! lol.

I've been kicking around pulling the trigger on one of these for awhile. That price would have me jumping if my insurance agent hadn't just given me word yesterday that although Im grandfathered in with my current indoor wood furnace, if I buy a new indoor unit Im too far from a fire station to be insured by them:(. It's either go OWB, keep what I have, or find a new agent. Unfortunately the agent is a family friend but damn, don't tell me what I can and can't do! lol.
I'd find a different insurance company.

I'd like to keep the crate intact for the trip into the basement...o_O

I took a couple 2x4s with angles cut on the ends and screwed them to the bottom of the pallet. Ratchet strapped the furnace to the pallet then. Slid it down the stairs. Worked good.

Attachments

• IMG_20150118_180749110.jpg
    IMG_20150118_180749110.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 27
if I buy a new indoor unit Im too far from a fire station to be insured by them:(
I think they use that crap as an excuse to gouge ya. Never heard of being dropped over it before though! Wow, I'd be playing "hit the road jack" for 'im.
I have had the same agent for, well, always, and have contemplated going elsewhere for better rates, but like you have stayed because he has taken care of me in the past. But if he said no wood burner...you outta here pal!
My guy says I pay $50 a year or so more for wood burner rate because I have a fireplace. Also I can't get their "premium" rates because I'm not within 1000' of a fire hydrant. I do have a water source nearby though, farm pond about 975' from the house (yeah, I measured) but he said it doesn't qualify because it doesn't have a dry hydrant. I don't know why that makes any difference, they had no problem getting water from it when the neighbors barn burnt. Alas, insurance discount is not to be for me anyways... he said if my electrical/plumbing hasn't been replaced in the last 20 years, no "premium" rate for you. Who the heck replaces their wiring and plumbing every 20 years?! And WHY! Like I said, excuses, excuses

I took a couple 2x4s with angles cut on the ends and screwed them to the bottom of the pallet. Ratchet strapped the furnace to the pallet then. Slid it down the stairs. Worked good.
Nice! Yeah, I have an outdoor access to the basement to work with so that helps. I'm gonna lay two 2x12s down on the steps and slide the skid down that. Did that last time, worked pretty good. Is the Tundra actually attached to the pallet on the bottom? (have taken the plastic off yet) I assume you took the blower off for the ride in too? Nice to see some pics of what these things look like underneath...

Also, I'm curious, what all comes stored inside the furnace for shipping? I know the tools are in there, and probably the owners manual, the duct adapters, anything else noteworthy?

Nice! Yeah, I have an outdoor access to the basement to work with so that helps. I'm gonna lay two 2x12s down on the steps and slide the skid down that. Did that last time, worked pretty good. Is the Tundra actually attached to the pallet on the bottom? (have taken the plastic off yet) I assume you took the blower off for the ride in too? Nice to see some pics of what these things look like underneath...

Nope, it just sits on the pallet so I just strapped it on with a couple ratchet straps. I stripped it down pretty much as much as I could, took all the fire brick out.
I wanted to see under the sheet metal too :). As far as the stuff inside if i remember right the book was in the firebox and the three tools that come with it were in the secondary exchanger.

You get several tools ( hook end / poker a long shovel and the half moon exchanger clean out tool ) spring handle the manual and duct collars . I have mine sitting on about 5 " of cement patio stones stacked to get it up off the ground . Less bending over as much and the air being drawn isn't sucking dust off the ground level of the floor as bad the higher it is

Back