Anyone else try this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya might be payin' the doc to pull shrapnel outta your shins.

I wonder how much padding would be required to deflect flying chunks of grinder tooth tips? Seems like chaps would at least slow them down quite a bit. Might look slightly silly donning your chaps to run the stumper.

Ok I run yellow jackets 15 bucks er tooth "my"comutor wont tye the letter so its not my tying I just noticed it. It is the only letter it wont tye lol. I guess I now have seech imediment.

I'm using a keyboard that I had to retire from office use when the number 4 died on the numeric keypad. Don't ask me how many millions of keystrokes it is when you do accounting on a keyboard for four years. Then the left alt key died, and then the left control key died, and now this month the minus key doesn't work on the typewriter part. What are the odds of losing four keys, and having all four duplicated somewhere else on the keyboard? It's annoying to have to use two hands to do alt-tab or control-c though.

Last edited:
I wonder how much padding would be required to deflect flying chunks of grinder tooth tips? Seems like chaps would at least slow them down quite a bit. Might look slightly silly donning your chaps to run the stumper.

Funny as It might look I will wear them at the savings. I mean 200 teeth at 25$ vrs 3000.00 hmmmmmmmm, laugh at me all you want.

You can build a jig with a standard grinder to do GreenTheeth too.

I already changed the pockets once for the yellow jackets that mysteriously no supplier for the carbide exists:dizzy: I figured they would be like green teeth and my local sharpener could change the tips, nooooooooooooooooo vermeer :buttkick: So this is my way of revolt.

Ok I run yellow jackets 15 bucks er tooth "my"comutor wont tye the letter so its not my tying I just noticed it:dizzy: It is the only letter it wont tye lol. I guess I now have seech imediment.

Vermeer has them for $8.89 right now and I found a guy in MI that will sharpen them for $3.00 a tooth.:)

Yeah you guys don't know how good you have it. Ar is a rock farming state and they grow really well. I see two out my window that were not there yesterday.

No kidding I can't grind more that two stumps without having to flip the teeth and on the fourth it's a new set. I know about rock farming I have been raising them sense high school FFA!:givebeer:

No kidding I can't grind more that two stumps without having to flip the teeth and on the fourth it's a new set. I know about rock farming I have been raising them sense high school FFA!:givebeer:

Hmmmmm I have been in many states in mid-west none rocky anything like Ar except Tenn.

Back