Anyone ever worked how long to mow 1 square metre of lawn?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimllshiftit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im just wondering if anyone out there has a worked out a the cost and time taken to mow one metre of lawn using a ordinary 50 cm ish push mower.

Alternatively please tell me the area of you lawn and how long its takes to mow it.

Thanks.

Not sure about the conversion but here goes. My lawn is a little over 1.25 acres...lets say one full acre when things like the driveway, platings beds and house are taken out. With my 60" walk behind i can get it done in 35 minutes. I have beds around all the trees and in ares where i would normally have to use a trimmer so the trimmer just lives in the shed.

Im just wondering if anyone out there has a worked out a the cost and time taken to mow one metre of lawn using a ordinary 50 cm ish push mower.

Alternatively please tell me the area of you lawn and how long its takes to mow it.

Thanks.
Do you really mean an acre of lawn? I think of a square meter, as 39 inches square or about 10 sq. feet. I would think it would take close to 2 hours to mow an acre with a 20 inch mower! If I was doing it, I would need from $30 to $40 per hour using my mower.

Thanks.

1 metre squared of lawn should take about 7 seconds with a started 50 cm push mower, push up pull back a little wiggle, job done.
If ya need to know about 1 hectare or large broad acre times much needs to be known about your turf species required height the season weather your mower operator skills etc etc.

I once had million+ square metres of variable turf needs to mow with a crew and various machines. I figured it cost 7 cents per 1m2 per annum to maintain to expectations using total cost accounting.
I then figured it cost less 5 cents per 1m2 after the install to maintain large mulch bed areas, as you need only weed spray 5 -6 times a year & top up once a year.
So we used tree mulch where practical to remove the tricky time consuming bits saving effort in the square off of the jobs. eg around under trees or at end/corners of buildings/Hwy runs

Last edited:
Back