anyone know what this is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's most likely any one of the 10XX, 2000, XP series. The clutch side is all wrong.

100% not a 2000. I am betting C-72 but many parts can be swapped I used to swap parts around on that series of saws quite often.

Just a random thought...........buy it and find out...........

Just like a kiddo on Christmas morning unwrapping gifts. I have 45 saws coming next week in a crate and I have no idea what is coming but it will be nice finding out.

I may just do that Bill. just got a message from the guy with the Super XL-925. it's in the same town and he still has it. it's a long drive but now with the 2nd saw would be more worth it. maybe friday.

In my pictures the saw with three chrome carb adjustment caps is the super 1050a.
The saw with the hex bolt marked 'idle' is the xp1020. If you want more pic's of certain saws, let me know.
Erik.

I may just do that Bill. just got a message from the guy with the Super XL-925. it's in the same town and he still has it. it's a long drive but now with the 2nd saw would be more worth it. maybe friday.
Friday will be a good day. I used to do a lot of saw, tool, and gun shopping on Black Friday

I own a C51,Three C52, C7, C9 and not one of those saws have a flat pull starter cover! Mine are all Fairbanks/Morse pull starters. I just watched a video on Leons chainsaw parts and repair with one of those he was adding to his collection and I would suggest you contact him and you will get all the details from him, he is a homelite guru! And I always watch his videos if im looking for information about a homelite chainsaw. The information is always spot on and he does a great job of explaining what you want to know.

I own a C51,Three C52, C7, C9 and not one of those saws have a flat pull starter cover! Mine are all Fairbanks/Morse pull starters. I just watched a video on Leons chainsaw parts and repair with one of those he was adding to his collection and I would suggest you contact him and you will get all the details from him, he is a homelite guru! And I always watch his videos if im looking for information about a homelite chainsaw. The information is always spot on and he does a great job of explaining what you want to know.
thanks Tony. I have gathered that Leon is the Homelite guy and have watched some of his videos. seems like a nice guy to boot.

thanks Tony. I have gathered that Leon is the Homelite guy and have watched some of his videos. seems like a nice guy to boot.
Leon has been a blessing to me! When I first started collecting saws I learned a ton of information from him We both live in the beautiful state of Oregon, he is on the southern end of the State and i live on the northern end about ten miles west of Portland Oregon. There are a couple of other very knowledgeable guys on the west coast that are awesome with information about chainsaws, The chainsaw guy Richard, and I ventured up to Washington State for a tour of Wayne Suttons chainsaw museum a couple of years ago, And he is the Stihl representative for the northwest area and his collection and knowledge of chainsaws is incredible to say the least! He has chainsaws that you never knew existed, including a jet powered Stihl that is a one of a kind. And if I ever met a more decent fun guy to do some chainsaw chatting i don't remember when! He has put almost a life time into his collection and it is truly amazing to walk through it! 😋

I didn't know that he lived in Oregon. "Or-E-Gun". I grew up in North Bend. it was the lumber capital of the World in the 60's and 70's. huge doug firs and Mac's were everywhere.

well, he finally got back to me and says it's a C-51. I guess some of them had the brass screw on the clutch side. I assume the brass screw was a bar oil flow control?
Well it is the wrong color and has the wrong recoil for a C-51

Latest posts

Back