Anyone have a pull starter for this old girl homelite vi 125

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseldod

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need a complete starter assembly for this ,it's in great shape done very little. Anyone know anything about this model I haven't seen one before

Attachments

• IMG_20240330_143059_3.jpg
    IMG_20240330_143059_3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I didn’t look at his location
That’s pretty much par for the course on my projects, lol, but I enjoy it.
Some of us will sink far too much money into a project saw just to satisfy the urge to repair and not toss a machine, I for one am very guilty of doing such with many oldies sitting on shelves than there is no chance of ever recouping costs on but it`s my hobby to rebuild instead of toss out. Most consider cost before diving into projects as I have far too often.

Here’s a well used VI 123 recoil cover on eBay. I think the VI 125 was made in Canada. Have you tried contacting Leon at Leons Chainsaw Repair? He’s a great resource for parts & info on Homelites.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1440904455...peVeDIOSG6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Jeff, I think the VI 125 was actually made in New York, the saws like it made up here were all called Super Mini`s when made under the Homelite Terry machinery collaboration in Point Claire Quebec

Some of us will sink far too much money into a project saw just to satisfy the urge to repair and not toss a machine, I for one am very guilty of doing such with many oldies sitting on shelves than there is no chance of ever recouping costs on but it`s my hobby to rebuild instead of toss out. Most consider cost before diving into projects as I have far too often.
I feel the same. I don’t have as many saws as most but have far more than I ever expected to have (over 30). They all get run & if something is not right it gets fixed. I have a McCulloch 47 gear drive that I got to fire but not run. It’s been shelved a few years but that deserves to get repaired.
Jeff, I think the VI 125 was actually made in New York, the saws like it made up here were all called Super Mini`s when made under the Homelite Terry machinery collaboration in Point Claire Quebec
So the VI 123 was the Terry version? I just rebuilt an XL-123 Textron. Needed way more than expected but is basically a new saw internally. Pretty good runners.

I feel the same. I don’t have as many saws as most but have far more than I ever expected to have (over 30). They all get run & if something is not right it gets fixed. I have a McCulloch 47 gear drive that I got to fire but not run. It’s been shelved a few years but that deserves to get repaired.

So the VI 123 was the Terry version? I just rebuilt an XL-123 Textron. Needed way more than expected but is basically a new saw internally. Pretty good runners.
The 123 is a Textron model, the Terry saws had no numbers only Mini or Super mini as far as I know, the ones I have seen were that way. The Homelites made in New YORK were designated Textron and the ones made in Quebec Canada were designated Terry, that is what I was told and led to believe. I will admit I am no expert on Homelites, have repaired a few but as far as owning and operating them, few and far between.

Canada’s version was call a vi200. Vi125 and 123 are USA version all 57cc
Super mini was Canadian version of E-Z model series 40cc engine.
Terry had model numbers for some and name for other saws

Back