Anyone looking for a Stihl 07

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the last details he gave me.

IT IS A STIHL...1962 OR SO 07....NO, NOTHING BROKEN....THERE IS NO HANDLE BAR RUBBER...I JUST WRAPPED SOME CLOTH/TAPE AROUND IT...AND THE OUTER MUFFLER BOLT HAS A NON FACTORY..SQUARE NUT ON IT ...BUT I DIDNT FEEL THE NEED TO MESS W/ IT...MIGHT NEED TO PLAY WITH THE HIGH/LOW,.....BUT I USE IT 2-3 TIMES A YEAR AND IT WILL FIRE IN ABOUT 8 PULLS.........RUNS PRETTY GOOD....REAL GOOD ACTUALLY....THATS WHY FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN 150.00 ILL JUST KEEP IT.....MIGHT TAKE A TRADE THOUGH..YOU CAN CALL NOW IF YOU LIKE IM UP....I WORK NIGHTS

Hmmm that sounds intriguing.......wait......damn....Nice Brad, i see what your doing...spreading your disorder to those of us not yet afflicted. What are you going to do next offer the first antique saw "free" to get us hooked? Enable-er!!

RD

Last edited:
What does the "S" model have different than the regular 07 model?

The 07 was built from '61 to '65, whereas the 07S was built somewhere from 65 to 68 or so. So it's an earlier model than the 07S, and for the same displacement, it is listed as 1,5 hp less power then the 07S.

for some reason, the 07S is quite easy to find, but the 07 is rather rare, which makes it a nice collector saw, at least in our area :)

Latest posts

Back