Anyone need a bigger saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Found this in a local classified ad. He didn't know the model #,but said it's a stihl with a 50" bar and compression release gear reduction. He bought it to build a go cart, but never got around to it. Asking $500.00 for it.
:jawdrop:
View attachment 86401

Last edited:
Looks to be an 090G, I would think 500 is a good price, I'll swap ya an 060 for it!!

do we ever needa bigger saw? or is it the cad bug whispering into our ear? i seem to squash it for a little while then there it comes with reinforcements. lol

Last edited:
Please PM me with contact info... I'd like to buy it. :)
Forget it, I found it. Thanks!

Last edited:
No but if you get a chance to run a 3120 you will be 'Wanting one" you know just for limbing and odd jobs around the house.

No but if you get a chance to run a 3120 you will be 'Wanting one" you know just for limbing and odd jobs around the house.

I already have a little 3120. You're right, I do need something bigger. :greenchainsaw:

lol that was funny

I went and dropped a 40" oak yeasterday for a friend of mine. I took my MS880. After I dropped the tree h wanted to block it with the "man saw". He said how do you start this thing. I told him. He said does it have a compression release. I said nope(turned my head and laughed). He had the cord jerked out of his hand a couple times. I told him it works better if you use the compression release. I got one of those screw you looks. After about 20 minutes turned it off and said that's one of those saws that needs a rest now and then isn't it. I said nope just the operator. They are fun to use.

Scott

Did you get it?
Well what is it???
Got photos??
Weneed to know!:popcorn:
The seller has a guy coming to look at it tomorrow morning. If he passes, I'm next in line. So no, it doesn't sound like there's a very good chance it will be coming to my home to visit. :(

And yes, the seller was going to stick the engine on a go cart! :cry:

Thanks again Rodney for the tip! :cheers:

The seller has a guy coming to look at it tomorrow morning. If he passes, I'm next in line. So no, it doesn't sound like there's a very good chance it will be coming to my home to visit. :(

And yes, the seller was going to stick the engine on a go cart! :cry:

Thanks again Rodney for the tip! :cheers:

No problem Wet1 You're welcome. Hope the other guy backs out and you can get it.

No problem Wet1 You're welcome. Hope the other guy backs out and you can get it.

Well, his ad now has the saw listed as sold. We'll see if he calls back tomorrow, but it doesn't look too promising.

Thanks again!

Back