Anyone seen these kinda cylinder markings? Husqy 261-262

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HusqyStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Husqy 261 converted to a 262 with Meteor flat top and caber ring using the old but good 261 cylinder. Has been running fine but the tank vent is starting to act up a bit so i'm ordering that up pretty soon. Pulled the muffler to see this... Anyone seen this before? What could be the cause?

Attachments

• IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 72
Really hard to tell in the pictures.. is it the coating that's flaking? A best guess from what I can see would make me suspect ring float/chatter. I'd guess the piston looks fine?

Piston and ring look great. I was thinkin maybe it could be the plating flaking also but wont know till i pop the top. Are the 261's coated? what is that called Nikosil? or somethin? That would suck, might need a new jug

Good idea, i didn't give it much of a look or try to reach in there to see what it felt like but i will when i get a chance a little later. Come to think of it, i may have put it away last time i used it puttin about a teaspoon of 2-stroke in the spark plug hole. I do that sometimes if i don't think i'll be runnin a saw for a bit... Thanks for the advice!

~Moose

Back