Arbor Master Pro Versatile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with these saddles. These are the ones that you can build choosing the top and bottom that you wish. I was contemplating the grommet style belt with leg strap bottom. It looks pretty nifty. Just want to know if it's worth it before I send Serrill their $330.00 American. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Tony, if it hadn't been for the little problems 2 weekends ago, I would have let you try mine out. If you are planning on being in the area anytime soon, let me know. There's a Vermeer dealer 2 miles away with plenty of them in stock anyways if you should decide to buy.

I would spend the $269 for the Butterfly two from sherrill. If your not satified with just the leg straps then you always add on the but seat. I haven't ever heard anyone who wasn't happy with the butterfly. The popularity of this saddle among some of the top climbers in world speaks for itself. Such climbers as Mike Maas, Tom D, Rich Hoffman, Mark C, J Roach, Myself and so on.

Yup!

Buy it, Tony.

Just look at that roster!:blob2:

dancin.gif

Originally posted by BigJohn
I would spend the $269 for the Butterfly two from sherrill. If your not satified with just the leg straps then you always add on the but seat. I haven't ever heard anyone who wasn't happy with the butterfly. The popularity of this saddle among some of the top climbers in world speaks for itself. Such climbers as Mike Maas, Tom D, Rich Hoffman, Mark C, J Roach, Myself and so on.

Tony, while I am not the climber that the others above are, I will tell you that BJ is right. IMO go with the ButterflyII.

I was climbing on a Buckingham Master for close to 6 yrs. That saddle was hard on my hips and a$$.

Tom Dunlap was the clincher on my deciding to go with the B'fly II.

If you are like me, you won't buy a saddle until you can try it on for yourself.

A lot of times some think that the best way to learn is to use handed down or not-so-good climbing gear. I don't believe in this!
If you are commited to working in this field than I think the most comfortable and best equipment is best.

Why have a saddle digging and uncomfortable while you are trying to focus on learning!!!

Last edited:
Check around and see if there aren't any arborist equip places near you. Even if you have to travel a bit to try them on and look them over before you buy one you'll be glad you did. The best is to climb with one before you buy it, but most places wouldn't be set up for that I don't think.

Cheers,
BAB

Im not necessarily looking to loose a possible sell here, and I know some here HATE eBay, BUT!, I was on ebay last night and low and behold there was a pro-series versatile, size = med, going cheap (reserve not met). The seller claimed it was nearly new and the pic seemed to prove it. It ends in about 3 days (i think).

If this is the saddle you really want, go there and try your best. Type 'arborist' in the search and you should find it. If not, let me know, I put it under watch.

If your not sure, pack the wifey in the car and roadtrip to Detroit (TCI). There'll be plenty to try on there, probably every saddle under the sun.

Best of luck!

Thats the saddle Im still climbin on Butch, however, I do have the Pro-Versitle on my Christmas list from Santa.

Kenn:D

I love my versitle saddle,been climbing with it three years.My buddy just got one with leg straps and is having trouble with the plastic buckle that keeps it in ajustment.

I've been climbing in a Pro Versatile for about a year and a half. I like it, but can't compare it to anything other than my first saddle. That ol' boat anchor Weaver saddle like Master Blaster uses. :D

The Arbormaster Pro Versatile is definately versatile. But all the dang straps and adjustments and loops were a pain in the begining. It took me forever to get it set up nice and comfy. Some of the adjustments would slowly slip out of adjustment. I eventually figured out where they needed to be and sewed all the tails down. Cut off about half of the gear loops and clips, which snag on everything, and then it was a good saddle for me.

I just bought a Tree Magic saddle and it should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out!!!:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

-Mike-

Back