Arboristsite "Urban Legend"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your ignorance fits you like a glove and i wont play your game of stihl vs Husqvarna.i know that when you argue with an idiot they will drag you down to there level then beat you with experience thus i don't want to argue with a pro such as yourself.

So, do I "win" by default? 8)

The only downside I can foresee with injection is the amount of electronics they are using to accomplish it. Chevy and a few others including marine applications had mechanical injection which is what I thought they'd go to instead of relying on electronics.
Hillborn injection gave great throttle response but is anything but simple and not easily tuned. It is in no way adaptive enough to use on a chainsaw, it is set and does not self compensate like electronic systems do. As far as i know only high performance older marine systems were this as a substitute for carbs, All Marine fuel injected engines that I am aware of are efi now. I have not seen a new installation of a hillborn system or the old mechanical bosche in a long time

Poulan owned by electrolux.

IIRC, Poulan is currently owned by Husqvarna, and was owned by Husqvarna when Husqvarna was owned by Electrolux. Husqvarna is no longer owned by Electrolux, but Husqvarna does still own Poulan.

The point is Husky most likely isn't going to let Poulan make a model that competes with the professional Husky models. I'm a little surprised that Husky let Poulan make the PP5020; it could be that Husky kept a few features out of the 5020 to protect Husky's 50cc saw marketshare.

When will dolmar step up to the plate with something new in AT CM.

Heck I will be glad to see the AT CM carbs go and get real injection on the saws. Like they are already trying out on the concrete saws.

Please, NO. That just gives you a variable trickle into the crankcase. What we need is direct, timed injection, into the chamber.

Wait - you mean "Stihl is awesome and everything else sucks" is not a useful comment in every thread?

Now you're getting it. If you say something enough times on the Internet it's got to be true! :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back