Dealer says Husqvarna 550xp and 545 are junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2017 Husqvarna 545 with the hesitation off idle. It already had a carb replaced in late 2018 but now the same issue is back.
I feel like just getting rid of that turd and never ever getting another autotune saw. :mad: Really, really disappointed.
Better solution is to find a dealer with software, that knows what they are doing. Have seen and own one, that only needed a new spark plug to solve issue.

One thing I like about this site is that now a guy can mostly live without a local dealer. If I were in your shoes, I'd have no problem buying a 545 or 550 from one of the sponsors here. They can often beat local prices too.

One thing with the autotune saws, along similar lines: if you're local dealer is reluctant to sell them and has had bad luck with them, they may be a poor choice to take them in for troubleshooting. I gather they're a little different that a regular carbed machine, and having someone who understands the new technology is probably helpful.

This right here. If a salesman/dealer can't figure out how to sell you what you want then you need to shop elsewhere, no matter the brand.

Better solution is to find a dealer with software, that knows what they are doing. Have seen and own one, that only needed a new spark plug to solve issue.
I don't think that's the issue around here. Someday it just acts like a turd and the other day ( today) it ran like a champ.. It was -5c outside today.
I love that saw but when it fells on it's ass when accelerating, i just can't work with it. I'm out of warranty now and they charge for connecting it to the pc etc, nothing's free

Also... i notice a slight rpm change when tipping down the saw to cut..... hopefully it aint air leak

I don't think that's the issue around here. Someday it just acts like a turd and the other day ( today) it ran like a champ.. It was -5c outside today.
I love that saw but when it fells on it's ass when accelerating, i just can't work with it. I'm out of warranty now and they charge for connecting it to the pc etc, nothing's free

Also... i notice a slight rpm change when tipping down the saw to cut..... hopefully it aint air leak

I know this 545 doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my hands, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is powerful and reliable. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.
ccipher.png

Back