Are high perfomance saw guys into other high performance stuff?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLMCRZY

PLMCRZY

Addicted to ArboristSite
S&S 106 stroker top end, RPW pipe, ported polished and flowed heads, 11:1 pistons, cams, power commander, dyno tuned at 130 horsepower with 129 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheel....and I cut some good lights.

P5070012.jpg

Sick bike man!

PLMCRZY

PLMCRZY

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sorry to hear that man. Racing bikes is a sweet, painful lifestyle. You ever been on a hopped up YZF 450? #### MEEE!!

Ya, i didnt really like them you could ride them lazy. I was alot faster on the track with my 250f then a 450f. I was on the rev limiter all the time just about. If i did that on the 450 i'd be over jumping everything.

I dunno if ill ever get another bike, if i do i think it will be a nice streetbike so me and the lady can cruise.

056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Ide like to get a street bike someday, then again, Im kind of afraid of what might become of me. Ive seen the after math of a young man with a zrx1200 going about 160 into some oaks. Seen it on the way to work one morning, Yea, NOT cool. . .

TonyRumore

TonyRumore

ArboristSite Guru
I bought a new YZ490 in 1985......yeah, I'm old. Got out of the dirt bikes in 1987 and then bought a 2005 RMZ450 in '07....twenty years later. Surprisingly after 20 years, my old YZ490 still had the same power as a new 450 today....but the suspension, brakes, traction, and "usuable" power today is 10 fold of what it was in '85. I got on the track last year and smoked some pretty formidable kids....but only for a couple of laps.....after that, I had to pull over for a beer before they blew by me.

Last edited:
056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
I bought a new YZ490 in 1985......yeah, I'm old. Got out of the dirt bikes in 1987 and then bought a 2005 RMZ450 in '07....twenty years later. Surprisingly after 20 years, my old YZ490 still had the same power as a new 450 today....but the suspension, brakes and "usuable" power today is 10 fold of what it was in '85. I got on the track last year and smoked some pretty formidable kids....but only for a couple of laps.....after that, I had to pull over for a beer before they blew by me.

I almost bought a 490 about a year ago. Instead I bought a 300.00 dollar jeep truck that supposedly needed a cam. All it really needed was jets, timing, and some rockers tightened up. I ended up rolling it, & barely crawling out of the smushed cab before she took,(fire).

Should have bought the bike. . .

TonyRumore

TonyRumore

ArboristSite Guru
I almost bought a 490 about a year ago. Instead I bought a 300.00 dollar jeep truck that supposedly needed a cam. All it really needed was jets, timing, and some rockers tightened up. I ended up rolling it, & barely crawling out of the smushed cab before she took,(fire).

Should have bought the bike. . .

:laugh:

blsnelling
Until about 4 years ago, I had a Yamaha Banshee with a Duncan Racing national midrange port job, 34PJ carbs, Toomey T5 pipes, nearly every Pro-Design performance part, timing advance, etc, etc. I did about everything to it except stroke it or put it on alcohol. I rode it almost exclusively in the dunes at Silver Lake Michigan. I love that feeling of flying over a sand dune razor back and sailing for 75-100 feet. Had a blast on the drag strip too. Don't underestimate a 250R though. That baby may be wearing a 330 or 370 kit!!!

056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
No, but Ive seen them on pavement. and your smileys pretty much sum it up. . . . . .

they will dislocate your eye balls. . .

Ide like to get my mitts on a 500 one day and do it up REAL BIG with an ATC frame, chromed out powdered up with the best flakes $$ can buy,

and maybe a 20" extension LOL.

then go down to Myrtle beach and see how much P###y it brings in before the jakes shut it down.

A man can dream right?

blsnelling
Or how about those miniture sand rails with crotch rocket engines in them:bowdown: Ever seen a big sled in the sand? One of the fastest machines I ever saw run the drag area was a 800cc sled with the rear flap removed. You didn't want to be anywhere near him, because you would be in his rooster tail!

MR4WD

MR4WD

ArboristSite Guru
My pickup- 03 GMC Duramax- 660 horse, 1390 lb-ft. 12.3@112mph

My quad- Can Am Outlander 800, bunch of stuff done!

My little bike- KTM 450 EXC, bunch of stuff done.

My big bike- KTM 990 Adventure, bunch of stuff done (100hp dirtbike)

My Sled- Arctic Cat M1000 (162" track) Bunch of stuff done (200 horse plus nitro on a 700lb machine) 2.5" paddles and goes digs 6' deep trenches in powder like nothing!

Husqvarna YTH2348 Lawn tractor. Pitifully stock.

Coloradobum

Coloradobum

ArboristSite Operative
I drive a modified Boxster. Tops out at 172. Owned many off road bikes and quads, all modified. The list goes on...if it has a motor I can't leave it alone.

Latest posts