Are my pistons scored? Need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgeb

ArboristSite Member
Btw, if that saw is anything like the 290, I found replacing the cylinder or piston to be a PITA
I can do a 290/390 tear down and replace the piston and cylinder in a little less than an hour. I think there are a lot of other saws more difficult that a Stihl clamshell to work on.

david newbie
I can do a 290/390 tear down and replace the piston and cylinder in a little less than an hour. I think there are a lot of other saws more difficult that a Stihl clamshell to work on.
I still have one more 029 that I’ve been putting off. What was frustrating for me was putting the handle back on and trying to thread wires and fuel line through little holes when I get brave I will try again. The first one I did has a bad air leak. My first time trying to install crank seals

cgeb

ArboristSite Member
I still have one more 029 that I’ve been putting off. What was frustrating for me was putting the handle back on and trying to thread wires and fuel line through little holes when I get brave I will try again. The first one I did has a bad air leak. My first time trying to install crank seals
I use an impact with a t27 in it so I cheat a little..

cookies

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
aftermarket crank seals ? I have been sold more than one with a misformed lip seal, the first time it happened it was figured out after assembly when trying to tune the carb and the rpms kept fluctuating after a high rpm rev.

Latest posts