Are the Husky 395 and 365 from the same era?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Wondering about the "dating" of the Husqvarna 395 and the 365 and whether or not they are the same vintage?

Is it correct that the 395 is a pro saw and the 365 more of a mid-grade saw?
Thanks.

I have several 365 Special's as well as 372XP's and there is no difference between them except the bore of the piston and cylinder, the air filter, and the label on the starter cover. All other parts are completely interchangeable.

This family of chainsaws start around 1997

So can a 372 piston/cyl kit be installed in a 365 to make it a 372 equivalent?

The 365 X-torque and the 372 X-torque are both 70cc, the only difference is the transfer covers on the 365 have baffles on them essentially de tuning them. Another difference is the HD air filter and cover. I bought a new 365 and had Stumpy rework the whole thing. If you are considering a new 375, you can convert it to a 372 by yourself pretty easily.

Well, I made this inquiry because a 365 and 395 both showed up on the Atlanta CL but I decided that even though they both appear to be good buys, I don't have an even weak excuse to buy either one of them so will have to let them pass. (And they are both a long drive from me.) Have at em boys.

Well, I made this inquiry because a 365 and 395 both showed up on the Atlanta CL but I decided that even though they both appear to be good buys, I don't have an even weak excuse to buy either one of them so will have to let them pass. (And they are both a long drive from me.) Have at em boys.

The 395xp came out in around 2005, and the 365 started in 1996-1997 I think

The 395 may have come out more recently but overall it's more like 20+ years old now as a chassis....

This is the big one. Looked really clean. Not sure if that is the original bar. If so, that would be a great deal. I always keep in mind that mill saws don't get wear and tear like a felling saw would so can look better than they are internally. Anyway, I was interested for no good reason and finally talked myself out of pursuing it.

Husqvarna 395XP with MKIII Alaskan woodcutting attachment

This is the smaller one and also looks to be a pretty clean saw for the money. But I just don't need any running saws. Maybe a fixer upper here or there...
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/3369241315.html

Last edited:
Looks like two good deals for someone. There's little time on them - not even the big saws

Auburn is a good ways East of Hotlanta

Latest posts

Back