Are You A Husky/Chevy guy....or Stihl/Ford Guy ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does what brand of vehicle you drive determine what saw brand you like ?

• Total voters
I keep hearing about husky saWS vibrating loose screws and such, but still can't find a loose one on my saws and ive been running the p..s out of em.:chainsaw:
Stihl was very bad for me with loose screws .I had a 028 an 041Bought a Husqvarna in 1989 never had a loose bolt since an they were a lot more friendly to work on . ford makes good trucks but I can't stand working on them seems they go out of the way to make it harder to work .Chevy makes a good truck can.t really say what I don't like about them might be always hearing about the 350 good motor just never did anything for me .I like my 87 dodge with a 318 not much I can't fix an get there fast not at all good on gas the ride is very bad but has hauled hundreds loads of firewood .

Husky/Ford.
My 365 rocks and I would love to find a great deal on a 395 so I could get rid of the MS660, not that it's a bad saw.
F250 V10 212,000 miles (not all mine). Just had plugs done and no problem, just watch the tourque when putting them in.
E350 5.4L V8 196,500 miles ( mine since 25K). Plugs done at 100K and getting ready to do them again.
All the above run like new.

I think the reason you see a common trait with ford and husky loyalty in alot of guys is they just really love to work on their stuff And over the years just come to expect everything to be underpowered and hard to start but maybe it's just me :p

Husky and Ford, But I do own two chevy's and they get it done. I was actually going to buy a chevy after years of nothing but fords since birth but then the bailout happened so I'll never buy another Government Motors product.

flotek. I'm not bashing Stihl and I've owned 5 stihl saws over the years and still own a kick butt stihl 420 and km95r weed eater, but honestly I tthink all of you Stihl saw guys are just in denial. Husky chainsaws rule for a lot of different reasons that have been mentioned on AS thousands of times In other posts.:D

Last edited:
Stihl - Chevy here, I wasn't and wouldn't be brand concious but those are the brands that have been significantly more reliable at providing my needs and ultimately easier on my pocket book with the exception of an 1987 Toyota and an Nissian and Datsun pick ups from the late 1970's to late 80's models. I did have a Ford truck that was 1 of the best Mosquito foggers I ever owned though :)

I have an 04 ford and a 04 chevy just in the last year I have put 2idler pulleys, abs sensors, glow plug control unit, fuel cooler oh and for a those who say chevys are easy to work on a heater core where you have to remove the entire dash to put a 90.00 part in which shouldn't go in the first place. the ford, front springs and a window switch

Latest posts

Back