Are You A Husky/Chevy guy....or Stihl/Ford Guy ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does what brand of vehicle you drive determine what saw brand you like ?

• Total voters
Farmer Steve. The Earth owb does a great job at heating water. its not the most efficient owb on the market, but I got the biggest one they offer the mountain man 505 for way less than a cb and its a very straight forward burner to get paRTS for or work on. I was just responding to many posts bashing husky saws by people I'm not ssure have ever even run one.

There's good points and bad points in every brand . I will agree Some of the huskys run good but those are their pro saws not the Poluns with orange jackets they sell at box stores . A good rule of thumb is if your power equipment can be purchased at sears you probably got their budget models not good prograde stuff. It is my opinion as a courtesy to the loyal customers Every new Ford should come with a set of wrenches and a free coupon for a 455 rancher redeemable at any tractor supply dollar general or harbor freight store

Hi guys ! Just was thinkin about something today . I have had several friends over the years that were Ford lovers..that were also Stihl lovers as well . And I have also had many friends that are Chevy guys...that are also Husqvarna guys ! I have never seen any variation but these...though Im sure there are..just not seen by my eyes in my neck of the woods !! So my question......what variation suits your taste the best ????? Im sure this will be controversial.....but Im honestly just wanting to know as a curiosity . Have fun !!

I own an F250 and my preferred saw is a Husky 372XPW but I own a few Stihls as well. I think saw preference has a lot to do with how you handle the saw and how you cut.

Nope. Might have a Ford, doesn't mean I love them, especially given how many design details have been (poorly) handled.
I'm anti-ripoff, and not a fanboy of any tool mfg. Not at all impressed with stihl's anti-competitive "fair-trade" pricing thing. So all the other saw mfgs. are on my radar: Echo, Husqy, PP, RedMax and others. They compete fairly in the marketplace and have cost-effective products that meet my needs. Once Dolmar has stratos, they're in. Sorry, it's only business.

There's good points and bad points in every brand . I will agree Some of the huskys run good but those are their pro saws not the Poluns with orange jackets they sell at box stores . A good rule of thumb is if your power equipment can be purchased at sears you probably got their budget models not good prograde stuff. It is my opinion as a courtesy to the loyal customers Every new Ford should come with a set of wrenches and a free coupon for a 455 rancher redeemable at any tractor supply dollar general or harbor freight store
Only the two smallest cheapest Husqvarna saws (235, 240?) are made by Poulan and even those two are Husky designs. There are some very good models between these lower two and the XP line!

Dolmar makes a good saw too ,somebody should have included that in the poll
I've been thinking of their new 6100 model lately

well now? if husky would make a new saw using the 300 ci ford engine, im a thinkin I might just need a newer saw again?? probably be the last saw I would ever need for the rest of my working dazzzzzz.....lol

I'm a stihl / Peugeot guy, I just feel the two are on the same page as far as quality, if ones going to be in the shop all the time, why not both.

I'm just ruffling some feather, nothing wrong with Peugeot. Lol

Husky, Tacoma is how I roll, although my work truck is a 1978 ford ranger explorer f150, 4 on the floor and a 5th under the seat.

Unfortunatley..they only gave me two spots to write in.....else I would have done like 10 of them !!

Latest posts

Back