Ash borer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re Read

Oh great you again? I never claimed ignorance, I'll leave that to you, you fit it so well. Dude I don't think anyone understands you. You know how many people rep'd me for that post and then had many PM's laughing at you?? Did the DNA carrying the smart gene run down mothers leg with you. Your like telling a retard he's retarded, they just don't get it, I feel bad comparing you to a retard, it isn't fair to the retard. I'm not looking to spread any disease thats what this post is about, learning the information as you hear it. I am a little late on this subject, but at least I'm willing to work towards being a solution and not the problem. You just want to nit pick. And yes it was spelled wrong it's IGNORANT not ignoront. I have a suggestion for you, I know spelling is a challenge for some not a big deal, since you can't post a intelligent post, you can tiddy it up and regain some intelligence with spellcheck... thats right you read it right, spellcheck it is offered here. Just a thought.... just a thought. Thump, Thump, Thump...
RE read your own post,...AND STAY ON TOPIC,...DO U NEED A LEASH?. I dont spell good and dont give a ####, Cuz u no what I mean,..And dont care what ur buddies think,..YOUR a DIK head,. and YOUR MIDNIGHT SHOPPING POST SHOWS IT,...Eric,....

RE read your own post,...AND STAY ON TOPIC,...DO U NEED A LEASH?. I dont spell good and dont give a ####, Cuz u no what I mean,..And dont care what ur buddies think,..YOUR a DIK head,. and YOUR MIDNIGHT SHOPPING POST SHOWS IT,...Eric,....

Awesome, can we be buddies now, please.... All this fighting, can't we all just get along. Yeah the ####head thing, I have heard that before, kinda boring:cry: The midnight post is a joke, haha funny. And besides if a county or township is infected it is legally acceptable to move it, burn it what ever. If I didn't take this somewhat serious do you think I would have drove into town and talk to the USDS people and found out what the real deal on this is?? I took time out of my work schedule to do that. Come on call it what it is, you for some reason have a problem with me, and now me with you, and this is the stupidest thing you can pick on. Your just here to stir the pot, which is fine, I'm full of insults and can continue for a long time, but I perfer we don't.

Last I knowed Indiana prohibited all decidious firewood from being moved in and out of quarintined counties. Within the county no restriction. Logs and nursery stock ash only restricted.
I would say they have overkilled fire wood people with that one.
I was involved with a eab survey across Northern IN and if I remember right it lives in live ash trees only. One of the new sites found that I worked on was down the road from a saw mill and several trucks passed by with fresh logs.
Mabe they loosened the knoose on firewood by now I would hope.

Last I knowed Indiana prohibited all decidious firewood from being moved in and out of quarintined counties. Within the county no restriction. Logs and nursery stock ash only restricted.
I would say they have overkilled fire wood people with that one.
I was involved with a eab survey across Northern IN and if I remember right it lives in live ash trees only. One of the new sites found that I worked on was down the road from a saw mill and several trucks passed by with fresh logs.
Mabe they loosened the knoose on firewood by now I would hope.

What they told me was that it was okay to cut and move Ash out of a quarintined county, if the county your moving it to is also quarintined. I wrote in a earlier post what the different levels of quar. were. Now it is not okay to move diseased ash into a clean county or township for that matter.
The literature they gave me had a lot of stipulations for sawmills and nurseries. But for all my purposes I was okay to cut my trees and take them to my house for firewood that is in a different county because most of the counties around here are in quarintine. If you have any questions about this for Indiana the guy is Gary Moughler @ USDA APHIS PPQ (whatever that all means) (260)927-9627 He is the guy in charge concerning the EAB.

Yes the paper work I got did mention all decidioius tree not to be moved, but they told me otherwise in person.

Last edited:
Tommorow, maybe

Awesome, can we be buddies now, please.... All this fighting, can't we all just get along. Yeah the ####head thing, I have heard that before, kinda boring:cry: The midnight post is a joke, haha funny. And besides if a county or township is infected it is legally acceptable to move it, burn it what ever. If I didn't take this somewhat serious do you think I would have drove into town and talk to the USDS people and found out what the real deal on this is?? I took time out of my work schedule to do that. Come on call it what it is, you for some reason have a problem with me, and now me with you, and this is the stupidest thing you can pick on. Your just here to stir the pot, which is fine, I'm full of insults and can continue for a long time, but I perfer we don't.

Theres nothing funny about all the ash trees dying around here,. and they are also, all dying in your area, So makin a (JOKE) about it might be fiunny with u and ur buddies,.But..Its not funny here,..Much like cancer, ONCE it gets a hold on u Its over, Whats funny about that,? No Hard feelings here,.Iam alot thicker skinned than that,..I see Hanko is pretty skinny tho,...Eric

Maybe tommarow

What they told me was that it was okay to cut and move Ash out of a quarintined county, if the county your moving it to is also quarintined. I wrote in a earlier post what the different levels of quar. were. Now it is not okay to move diseased ash into a clean county or township for that matter.
The literature they gave me had a lot of stipulations for sawmills and nurseries. But for all my purposes I was okay to cut my trees and take them to my house for firewood that is in a different county because most of the counties around here are in quarintine. If you have any questions about this for Indiana the guy is Gary Moughler @ USDA APHIS PPQ (whatever that all means) (260)927-9627 He is the guy in charge concerning the EAB.

Yes the paper work I got did mention all decidioius tree not to be moved, but they told me otherwise in person.

Ive gotta call it a day,...Eric

Theres nothing funny about all the ash trees dying around here,. and they are also, all dying in your area, So makin a (JOKE) about it might be fiunny with u and ur buddies,.But..Its not funny here,..Much like cancer, ONCE it gets a hold on u Its over, Whats funny about that,? No Hard feelings here,.Iam alot thicker skinned than that,..I see Hanko is pretty skinny tho,...Eric

Exactly, Thats why I posted this thread, and you ridicule me for it because I'm not informed in a timely manner? I'm here to learn as most, maybe next time write something that is helpful instead of something very useless. It doesn't do anyone any good, maybe entertaining...?? If you have never taken a poke at something serious than you are the man, and I will bow my head. Frank

Ahhh, I think Hanko is a standup kinda guy:cheers:

Really

Exactly, Thats why I posted this thread, and you ridicule me for it because I'm not informed in a timely manner? I'm here to learn as most, maybe next time write something that is helpful instead of something very useless. It doesn't do anyone any good, maybe entertaining...?? If you have never taken a poke at something serious than you are the man, and I will bow my head. Frank

You dont have any Idea what your talkin about, when It comes to the pokes Ive takin,.OR calculated risks, as I call them, Much like the EMB you are clueless,..Eric, Tommorow,.As in gone,..

Really

You dont have any Idea what your talkin about, when It comes to the pokes Ive takin,.OR calculated risks, as I call them, Much like the EMB you are clueless,..Eric, Tommorow,.As in gone,..

Your right (ha, we agree) I have no IDEA what your talking about now, so should I ask? What is the EMB? I'm not good with abv. EAB? If so tell me all about them, what are the rules and regs. please if you know all about them tell me? What is there scientific name? what is the orgin of them, How did they get here? What was the first place it was discovered. what are the long term affects. How can you tell they are infested in a Ash? how long are they, what do they look like? are there pesticides to kill them. How long does it take for the eggs to hatch? What do the holes look like? when are they in hibernation? Answer this stuff not cocky crap, I don't care about the pokes you've taken, we all have, who cares. So if the EMB is your intials Eric M. B than your right, you are clueless?

Clueless punk,..

Your right (ha, we agree) I have no IDEA what your talking about now, so should I ask? What is the EMB? I'm not good with abv. EAB? If so tell me all about them, what are the rules and regs. please if you know all about them tell me? What is there scientific name? what is the orgin of them, How did they get here? What was the first place it was discovered. what are the long term affects. How can you tell they are infested in a Ash? how long are they, what do they look like? are there pesticides to kill them. How long does it take for the eggs to hatch? What do the holes look like? when are they in hibernation? Answer this stuff not cocky crap, I don't care about the pokes you've taken, we all have, who cares. So if the EMB is your intials Eric M. B than your right, you are clueless?

Like I posted eariler,..First you claim Ignorance,...When some tells u, You shouldent be moving infected ASH trees around the country OR neighborhood,..Then you are (put out) when u are told to (wake up) and focus,. THEN you post a comment about Midnight Shopping for Quarentened , Infected ASH trees, Then u claim It was all a JOKE,..SORRY BUT,.,.candy coated words, Dont fit here,...You are obvisouly 2 LAZY to go out and hussel your own wood,.And wood rather steel Quarented Infected wood instead,..Further spreading the disease,..Ive been told,..That the BUG travels less than 1 mile per year, But getting a ride with an IDIOT like you explaines the 700 mile infestation in 10 years,....AND You think thats funny,. 3 days ago you are so STUPID that you are truckin the Infected wood around the country,...And today You want to consider your self, Qualified to test someones Knowledge , about the eab,...I can answer ALL of the Important Test Questions Like,. what the bug looks like,..and what do the bark entry holes look like,..And where they are known to be at recently,.AND why they SHOULD NOT BE MOVED, fire wood, saw wood, OR OTHERWISE,..WHO GIVES A #### WHEN THE EGGS WILL HATCH DUMB ####,..OR BETTER YET WHAT IS THERE SCEINTIFC NAME,.......3 DAYS AGO YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW THEY EXSISTED, WHAT A DIK HEAD,....Hopefully the insetcide they are testing as we speek will overcome, it, IDIOT,....Eric

Like I posted eariler,..First you claim Ignorance,...When some tells u, You shouldent be moving infected ASH trees around the country OR neighborhood,..Then you are (put out) when u are told to (wake up) and focus,. THEN you post a comment about Midnight Shopping for Quarentened , Infected ASH trees, Then u claim It was all a JOKE,..SORRY BUT,.,.candy coated words, Dont fit here,...You are obvisouly 2 LAZY to go out and hussel your own wood,.And wood rather steel Quarented Infected wood instead,..Further spreading the disease,..Ive been told,..That the BUG travels less than 1 mile per year, But getting a ride with an IDIOT like you explaines the 700 mile infestation in 10 years,....AND You think thats funny,. 3 days ago you are so STUPID that you are truckin the Infected wood around the country,...And today You want to consider your self, Qualified to test someones Knowledge , about the eab,...I can answer ALL of the Important Test Questions Like,. what the bug looks like,..and what do the bark entry holes look like,..And where they are known to be at recently,.AND why they SHOULD NOT BE MOVED, fire wood, saw wood, OR OTHERWISE,..WHO GIVES A #### WHEN THE EGGS WILL HATCH DUMB ####,..OR BETTER YET WHAT IS THERE SCEINTIFC NAME,.......3 DAYS AGO YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW THEY EXSISTED, WHAT A DIK HEAD,....Hopefully the insetcide they are testing as we speek will overcome, it, IDIOT,....Eric

All right here we are again, I thought we were going to be friends today. This kinda bums me out. I don't know why I'm bothering with this anymore I guess it is just to humor myself at this point.
I'm not moving infected ash, and if I did it doesn't matter because I live in a quarintined county. The only joke I can make is about you at this point. Think about it, when did I say I trucked infected wood around the country, have you seen the price of gas? No firewood is worth driving more than a half hour for. I said I moved some ash, I never said it was infected. I don't know why you make this stuff up, You seem like the type of person that just wants attention, good or bad. You don't comprehend very well like your spelling. Lazy...me? I proably have cut more firewood since Jan. than you have in five years. I cut about three days a week right now. Once again tard, I posted this for information, not a pro. thats why I asked, now I proably could answer questions about them and feel good about the answer. I still see you have yet to answer a single one, beggining to wonder, better start googling it. Listen the #### head thing don't bother me, be creative I'm not going to report you or give neg rep. come on give it your best, besides your down 4-0 remember. Ask Hanko...
Listen I'm ready to throw in the towel on this one, at least with your nonsense delusional stuff. But If you must, lets see what stuff you can skew now? Besides everytime you post you show me and the hundreds of other people how damn dumb you really are.

Time to re-focus...

Interesting how daring people get via the internet. Would this "war of words" happen in the "real world"? Gotta love the internet....It tends to make people feel much more powerful than they are. Gentleman, the post had some good information. Lets let the thread get back to where it was intended.

Now.....back to the topic, if we may. There has not been any Ash Borer found around where I live, but I am not permitted to take wood to the state park(12 miles away) since it might be. Doesn't even matter that I cut the wood just 10 miles from the park! You can only buy the real pricey, pre-packaged stuff that isn't even hardwood. There must be a way they can allow wood if you can prove residency and where you got the wood. I don't want to spread this bug either, but a LITTLE common sense would be nice! Anyone else having trouble in non-quarantined areas and transporting wood to state or national parks?

Interesting how daring people get via the internet. Would this "war of words" happen in the "real world"? Gotta love the internet....It tends to make people feel much more powerful than they are. Gentleman, the post had some good information. Lets let the thread get back to where it was intended.

Now.....back to the topic, if we may. There has not been any Ash Borer found around where I live, but I am not permitted to take wood to the state park(12 miles away) since it might be. Doesn't even matter that I cut the wood just 10 miles from the park! You can only buy the real pricey, pre-packaged stuff that isn't even hardwood. There must be a way they can allow wood if you can prove residency and where you got the wood. I don't want to spread this bug either, but a LITTLE common sense would be nice! Anyone else having trouble in non-quarantined areas and transporting wood to state or national parks?

Oh I agree people are daring on the internet, It would be much harder to come up with that stuff face to face. No time to think about it. Though people that know me would proably say that I would say the same thing face to face, I'm not a big guy and don't care to fight. But I wouldn't insult someone for wanting info on something. I agree I'm done arguing. As entertaining as it might have been, I'm ready to move on. Actualy my and cabinman are good friends we just wanted to make it interesting!!!:confused:

I got distracted, Indiana says the same thing about bringing in firewood into state parks and such, they said to either buy it locally or the pre packaged stuff. Though I don't know how you could prove you bought it from a local if the Park Ranger was to ask??

I got distracted, Indiana says the same thing about bringing in firewood into state parks and such, they said to either buy it locally or the pre packaged stuff. Though I don't know how you could prove you bought it from a local if the Park Ranger was to ask??

You seam to find a whole lota Imfo on the eab via the internet,..But couldnt find it out at the local resterant?, Dont u watch the news? After its been a fact of life for (many) years,.. Moving infested wood around the country means yes , only to gramas house, I didnt say in the city limits,.. You seam to continually dodge the postings you made,..And, Question weather I wood accuse you of the same thing face to face,?, WELL, I mean what I say and say what I mean,..And your buddy hanko lives just over the county line, And Iam sure he would be happy to come over here and hear it for you, Face 2 Face,. And,. He is welcome, You live in a Quarentend area and Joke about Moving infested wood around,.I am sorry, I dont see the humor, and consider your postings offensive,..Like I said Iam not candy coating my words, when some one jokes about,..Or,. playes Dumb concerning such a devestating infection, You are dodging The facts.. and nit pickin this thread,. And that sucks,..Eric

You seam to find a whole lota Imfo on the eab via the internet,..But couldnt find it out at the local resterant?, Dont u watch the news? After its been a fact of life for (many) years,.. Moving infested wood around the country means yes , only to gramas house, I didnt say in the city limits,.. You seam to continually dodge the postings you made,..And, Question weather I wood accuse you of the same thing face to face,?, WELL, I mean what I say and say what I mean,..And your buddy hanko lives just over the county line, And Iam sure he would be happy to come over here and hear it for you, Face 2 Face,. And,. He is welcome, You live in a Quarentend area and Joke about Moving infested wood around,.I am sorry, I dont see the humor, and consider your postings offensive,..Like I said Iam not candy coating my words, when some one jokes about,..Or,. playes Dumb concerning such a devestating infection, You are dodging The facts.. and nit pickin this thread,. And that sucks,..Eric

hehehehehehhehhehhehehehhehhehehhehhehhehhehhehehehhehehehehehhhehehehehhehehehehehehe........hehhehehhehehehehhehhehehehhehehehhehehehhehehhehhehhehehehehehehehhehhehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehhehehehehhehhehehehhehehehehehhehehehehhehehhehehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehehhhehehehehhehehehehhehehehehhehehehehhehehehhehehhehehehhehhehhehehhehehehhehhehehehehhehehhe.....hehehehhehehehhehehehhehehhehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehhehehhehehehhehehhehehehhehehehhehehhehehehehehhehehehehhehehehheheheheheh:givebeer: hehehehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehehehhehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehehehhehhehhehehehhheheheheheheh......hehhehhehehehehhehehehhehehehehehhehehhehehehehhehehehehehehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehhehe. ahh I think I'm done, thanks cabinman I see the error in my ways. With my deepest gratitude Thank you. frank.:cheers:

I shoulda mentioned this in my first post,just forgot to.When the ash borer leaves a tree,it leaves a big D shaped hole.A very noticable D shaped hole.On one hand,I would say if the tree has that D shaped hole,it would be safe to move cause the borer has done moved on.But on the other hand,its hard to tell what kind of egg,larvae,or whatever else the little f#%^&* left behind.I have several affected trees that are in the way of a new fence that needs built.I plan on droppin em as soon as I talk to the Department of Agriculture.Probably no danger in cutting an already dead tree,but I hate to think Im adding to the problem.

Latest posts

Back