Ash leaf chair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifford_Parker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Until recently I have used a DeWalt reciprocating saw with a 14" 6TPI blade for blocking and roughing all of my bigger pieces. This chair is the first piece I have done using my Stihl 017 for those tasks and much of the shaping. It is Ash with Teak Oil finish.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Until recently I have used a DeWalt reciprocating saw with a 14" 6TPI blade for blocking and roughing all of my bigger pieces. This chair is the first piece I have done using my Stihl 017 for those tasks and much of the shaping. It is Ash with Teak Oil finish.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

man that thing is sweet! nice job

That is some great work. It is to bad you don't see more ash being used for projects.

Beefie

Rep sent for a awsome wood working.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Beefie, I love working in the harder woods like Ash, Oak, Hickory, etc because of the warmth and beauty of the wood and grain. The Ash borers haven't reached here yet but a lot of people are removing trees that look like they are weakened and might be most susceptible. I have been finding more at the yardwaste site lately.

That chair is awesome. How do you keep it from cracking along the edges while it dries? Or is it dried already?

Latest posts

Back