asplundh 1985 ford f-600 bucket/chipper truck fixin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so tell me if I'm wrong about this the control valve is basically 4 separate holding valves for each movement operation... and the one I'm talking about leaking is the only valve with the lil nipple thing that is held on by brass nut it's kinda hard to see in pic but on top pic it's looks like the nut in between the hydraulic lines but the nut has a nipple thru it like it's sum slow pressure release thing maybe but unfortunately it leaks a drop every 2 secs and can't be tightened to stop it ..... 2nd pic it's side view of it and the nipple and nut is in top right corner of pic connects to the top valve control that u can jus see the edge of in that pic

Nevermind you can see whole upper valve in that pic when u click it I was jus looking in post but is that the only holding valve or are each thing a holding valve and this specific one has a bleed off or pressure release maybe.... jus tell me if I'm wrong won't hurt my feelings jus wanna know how to work on my rig and sumwhat know what is going on and why I'm just guessing it's purpose but would love to be told from sumone that knows more then me cuz you cant really find much info on this kinda stuff online or i jus havnt found the spot other then here haha and that why I am where I am

I'm not having problems with operation of boom everything works great took down a 40ft maple in my front yard with it jus concerned about leaks cuz there are a few but nothing bad lower boom has fresh rebuild on it cuz it was leaking like crazy before but once rebuilt and flew it from ground controls all over I got in and cleaned bird house with it for first job in yard haha then took the tree in front yard now trying to get it not leaking and engine running perfect (rebuilding carb at the moment) so I can start making a lil money back from the bit I've invested in it which isn't much more time then anything

Ic well not sure I have that but I do have a basic operation manual that goes over testing procedures for different positions of the boom and it's specifically for the lr-50 got it from a guy in Canada from eBay it has like parts list, pn, lubrication charts all kinds of good stuff but doesn't go into depth like most manuals jus gives u the basics and I guess they expect u to know the rest haha like this leaking nipple valve thing is nowhere to be found

Hows your truck running? I have the same one - i havnt used it yet - seeing that post about the cables breaking is scary....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Been having carb issues few leaky cylinders but fixed one bad one and out riggers leaking a bit now but everything worked fine have used it a good amount around the property and havnt had mechanical issues with it seems pretty solid to me

Back