asplundh nh

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b1rdman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
2 white ribbons and two blue ribbons at about breast height. There was also another foursome of the same on the buttress of one of my trees.

What am I looking at?

Them trees near the primaries?

Pretty close. Less than 10 ft still but it's a white oak that getting pretty mature and it's going to have a huge canopy.

Beautiful tree...just in the wrong spot.

Just wondering if it's slated for pruning or removal.

If they are not past the primaries height wise and its more than one phase best plan on them getting topped out. if they are already above the primaries a good bit they may just sidewall them. Either way they gonna get fuglied up! If you catch them when they are doing it and you dont want to see them looking hideous and topped out just persuade ($$$) them to prune them to the stump and clean up the mess but leave the firewood:msp_thumbup:

Don't know about there but here they will usually leave notice when work is to be done and knock before they commence work. Here the homeowner can opt out and go with a private contractor so long as they sign a waiver. Otherwise, look for some mangled trees.

Could you imagine how often your power would be off if they had to explain what there doing and justify , and accommodate the feelings of every person along there lines , I expect your trees are gonna be worked on maybe not to your liking

I went for a ride this morning and didn't see any other trees marked on my road so maybe it's not ROW work. In the mean time I'll just keep an eye out for big orange.

around here, big o used orange ribbons on removals. Tried to trick them, and they pulled out a map showing what trees they marked to remove.

2 white ribbons and two blue ribbons at about breast height. There was also another foursome of the same on the buttress of one of my trees.

What am I looking at?

Im 99 percent sure those ribbon colors arent used by Asplundh in nh, I worked there for 7 years and never saw anything like it. I know the co-op arborists use a white and green ribbon combo for hazard trees.

Mystery Solved.

Surveyors ribbons. There is a magnesium nail in the butt of that tree that marks an elevation for my new leach field.

:bang:

Back