ASV RC30 green track

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased the 2004 ASV rc30 off ebay for $7700. The machine has 1100 hours. I didn't even pay for it yet via paypal. I'm just a bit hesitant to do so. I have never used one of these before. I wanted to get feedback and opinions from owners first. That would be greatly useful and appreciated!

What do you want to know? Every job that I show up to with this machine the homeowner says something like "That's a cute little machine" or something like that. When the job is over they then say something like "I had no idea that little thing was so strong."

It is a wood slinging machine.

Next up for mine is some pallet forks. Then I'm wanting a rotating grapple to go along with the root grapple I have. A grapple of some kind is MUST.

2010-02-03007.jpg

2010-02-03008.jpg

2010-02-03009.jpg

Green Tracks

Do you find that you get enough traction with the green tracks?? I have an opportunity to buy a pair brand new for $1600. Should I do it? Is there that much of a difference??

please respond to [email protected]

Do you find that you get enough traction with the green tracks?? I have an opportunity to buy a pair brand new for $1600. Should I do it? Is there that much of a difference??

please respond to [email protected]

Sent this to you in PM but then saw the question here are thought I'd post so everyone can see.

I never had regular tracks so can't compare for you.

They provide enough traction even in the mud to make the payoff for me VERY worthwhile. It is great when neighbors see me doing a job on their neighbor's lawn and it's not all torn to shreds when I'm done.

I helped my BIL and sister today. They are building a house and I am cleaning up the lot after the bricklayers finished. The lot is a complete mud pit. All red clay mud, standing water out by the woods. We got about an inch of water last night/this morning. It just floats right over the top of the mud. Never got stuck. Never even got close to getting stuck even plowing right thru the foot of standing water.

The only downside was that when I was grading the dirt, there wasn't much traction but it was enough to get the job done.

My verdict is if you have a tree company of landscape company, the green tracks are GREAT. If you are a contractor/builder, just get the regular tracks.

p.s. They are about $3k - $4k at the dealer so $1,600 is a steal. If you don't want them, pass the seller's info on to me!

green tracks - how careful do you have to be?

Sent this to you in PM but then saw the question here are thought I'd post so everyone can see.

I never had regular tracks so can't compare for you.

They provide enough traction even in the mud to make the payoff for me VERY worthwhile. It is great when neighbors see me doing a job on their neighbor's lawn and it's not all torn to shreds when I'm done.

I helped my BIL and sister today. They are building a house and I am cleaning up the lot after the bricklayers finished. The lot is a complete mud pit. All red clay mud, standing water out by the woods. We got about an inch of water last night/this morning. It just floats right over the top of the mud. Never got stuck. Never even got close to getting stuck even plowing right thru the foot of standing water.

The only downside was that when I was grading the dirt, there wasn't much traction but it was enough to get the job done.

My verdict is if you have a tree company of landscape company, the green tracks are GREAT. If you are a contractor/builder, just get the regular tracks.

p.s. They are about $3k - $4k at the dealer so $1,600 is a steal. If you don't want them, pass the seller's info on to me!

Hey gr8Scott72,

I've always wondered about how much traction you get in the green tracks when its slippery, so thanks for writing that in!
Can you tell me - do you still have to be a little bit careful with the green tracks on soft surfaces or can you spin about as much as you like with no harm at all to grass?

We seem to be getting more and more arborists all the time moving away from skid steers to a compact industrial articulated mini loader as they can turn all day without damaging the lawns of customers. The guys talk about how efficient it is going straignt onto the next job and not having to top dress or fill any holes they've created saving time and getting a happier customer at the end of the job.

You might like watch this video quickly, just done by a mate of mine, it was meant to be "arborist only" but he threw in the other tools http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIy4RqntPok

Cheers,
Cam

Latest posts

Back