Atop square file jig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skooter

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Atop square filing jig shows you the angels you need to square file chainsaw chain.I bought one not to long ago it works pretty good. The Atop kit comes with jig and 2 four sided files and one round file. The cost is about 220 bucks with out shipping I got mine from baileys. If you google search Atop square file jig you tube will give you a couple of videos that will realy help useing this jig.

Yes, that jig has been around a while. While cheaper than a grinder, it certainly is more expensive than any other round file filing jig. Also, unlike some round filing jigs, you can’t change the angles. The ATOP jig has angles closer to a race chain, not a work chain, if it matters to you.

When I got prototype to test out before being sold to baileys, you got 3 sets of rollers. Angles can be changed and if you have just one set using electric type tape lets you change them too.

Also if you experiment with 6 sided square file you can change things again. Guy north of me used to make some nice chain using that for work.

I got to where I could file a work chain pretty quick with them.

Also tried my hand with a play chain. It did pretty good in chain build off 3rd if I recall right and 2 stock saw 3120 races with 2 1st.

Best way to learn is free hand though. I just never had patience. But did do free hand on 325 and 3/8LP

atopguide.jpgatopguideroller.jpgatop3120.jpg

Latest posts

Back