Atv Chainsaw mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the price cant beat it, i have another chainsaw holder, a Kolpin sawpress, although its a little nicer designed with a hinging system, i paid almost $90 for it, and the metal its made out of is almost 1/2 the thickness. This Mad dog one is much more stout.

I dont like mounts that hold them by the bar. I know its pretty much standard, but I still dont like it.

Mine just showed up on my porch tonight! That's pretty quick shipping Cabela's! I haven't even opened the box yet but hopefully I'll get one mounted by the weekend and I'll report back with some pics. And I told my brother about it and he's already claimed the other two!(I should have told him they were 16 bucks a piece and broke even on the deal daggonit!:laugh:)

I did notice alot of them are one ebay for $30 and up right now as a "good deal". Capitolism at work! (I was going to wait a week or two at least! lol)

I just ordered one, couldn't pass up a deal like that. I plan on mounting on the Polaris Ranger. Thanks for the heads up.:rock:

much thanks !!

have been looking for one, kolpin at $80+ was a little pricey...

ordered 3, one for each saw (and an extra at that price!) :msp_thumbup:

much thanks !!

have been looking for one, kolpin at $80+ was a little pricey...

ordered 3, one for each saw (and an extra at that price!) :msp_thumbup:

Mount them up to one atv and you'll be like Rambo in the woods.

(I ordered four)

u will be double rambo!! :msp_thumbup:

hope mine don't smell like mothballs.... actually i have no sense of smell so i guess i won't know.....

Does yours smell like mothballs times 1000? The bar sleeve is out-gassing heavily. Had to vent the room.

Yep! I couldn't figure out where the wife put some mothballs in our kitchen til I opened the box! I figured it was from the bar sleeve too. I've been so busy with family stuff I haven't had time to even get em out til now though.

Thanks guys...mine arrived yesterday. Bought one for me and one for my cousin. They are better than what i expected. seems pretty stout. But, i have a Polaris X2 with the bed instead of rear rack and the mount wont work for mine. I sketched out a drawing and brought it in to work today and talked to a guy in our shop at work. Hoping he has time to fab something up today so i can try it out tomorrow. Yes, saw sheath STINKS. Its also kind of a pain to get your saw ina nd out of that and seems like that thing wont last long. Wonder if the regular plastic Stihl cover will work.

Have a round hand grab on my tractors fender. Will that thing clamp on to it ? Can't really tell from pic how it mounts. Thanks

Been following this thread for a few days, finally caved and ordered 3 Probably keep 2 and give one to a friend of mine. Theres a cabelas about an hour from me so I opted for in store pick up, now have an excuse to go shopping for next deer season!

Latest posts

Back