Atv Chainsaw mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itsme7

Itsme7

ArboristSite Operative
For the price cant beat it, i have another chainsaw holder, a Kolpin sawpress, although its a little nicer designed with a hinging system, i paid almost $90 for it, and the metal its made out of is almost 1/2 the thickness. This Mad dog one is much more stout.

johnnylabguy
Mine just showed up on my porch tonight! That's pretty quick shipping Cabela's! I haven't even opened the box yet but hopefully I'll get one mounted by the weekend and I'll report back with some pics. And I told my brother about it and he's already claimed the other two!(I should have told him they were 16 bucks a piece and broke even on the deal daggonit!:laugh:)

I did notice alot of them are one ebay for $30 and up right now as a "good deal". Capitolism at work! (I was going to wait a week or two at least! lol)

johnnylabguy
Does yours smell like mothballs times 1000? The bar sleeve is out-gassing heavily. Had to vent the room.

Yep! I couldn't figure out where the wife put some mothballs in our kitchen til I opened the box! I figured it was from the bar sleeve too. I've been so busy with family stuff I haven't had time to even get em out til now though.

taylor6400

taylor6400

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks guys...mine arrived yesterday. Bought one for me and one for my cousin. They are better than what i expected. seems pretty stout. But, i have a Polaris X2 with the bed instead of rear rack and the mount wont work for mine. I sketched out a drawing and brought it in to work today and talked to a guy in our shop at work. Hoping he has time to fab something up today so i can try it out tomorrow. Yes, saw sheath STINKS. Its also kind of a pain to get your saw ina nd out of that and seems like that thing wont last long. Wonder if the regular plastic Stihl cover will work.

hanniedog

hanniedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have a round hand grab on my tractors fender. Will that thing clamp on to it ? Can't really tell from pic how it mounts. Thanks

motoman3b

motoman3b

ArboristSite Operative
Been following this thread for a few days, finally caved and ordered 3 Probably keep 2 and give one to a friend of mine. Theres a cabelas about an hour from me so I opted for in store pick up, now have an excuse to go shopping for next deer season!

Latest posts