AutoTune, just junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Autotune and M-Tronic saw make my life as a modifier of saw engines very nice. The fact that they tune themselves is great. I hope every saw on the market gets AT.

Try to explain to a guy that knows little about proper two-stroke tune thru tuning a highly modified engine from 500 miles away, and you will see my point.

My statement is in no way contradictory. Youre full of **** if you really gonna tell me an electronic carb is simpler than a mechanical carb. Look at an exploded diagram and then say it again with a straight face

Chill out fido. I know what you are talking about. I'm not bashing you for your opinion. Just because there are abunch of lines and connections on a diagram does not mean its complicated. The AT/MT systems are crazy simple.

Happens all the time in the automotive world. Truck is running on 7 cyls and its the computer/ electronics fault. Couldn't possibly be due to 20k miles since the last oil change and 150k miles on the original spark plugs

Afraid? Sure, just as much as im afraid of blueberry pancakes and breakfast sausage(2 other things i dont like)
Common, breakfast sausage isnt even here to defend himself. Go pick on somebody your own size...We dont take kindly to sausage bullies around here. If we let that one go, pretty soon you will be telling us you dont like pie...:sucks:

Happens all the time in the automotive world. Truck is running on 7 cyls and its the computer/ electronics fault. Couldn't possibly be due to 20k miles since the last oil change and 150k miles on the original spark plugs
Or that it is a Tritan... Sorry, couldn't resist

Ever tried to change plugs in the 3v? Do it just once and that is enough for a lifetime

Im a troll because i dont let other peoples opinions sway my own? Theyre trying to tell me im wrong for not liking autotune carbs. I never said anything about the carb other than my personal preferences to it.
I have a couple of saws with ignition points!! Are you interested?

My 576 and 2260 have not given me one problem so far.

There are 3 extra screws/moving parts on non AT carbs that At carbs don't have.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Has that 'Urban Legend' of M-tronics being licence to Stihl ever been substantiated?

Seems the M-tronics version has been somewhat more trouble free?

AT has been Trouble free too. The carbs are the problem on husky saws.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AT has been Trouble free too. The carbs are the problem on husky saws.

That is exactly right....

Stihl, Dolmar, and Husqvarna have all had their fair share of carb issues.

And a minority of saws by far. This affects a very small number of saws and an absolute cure to the problem will be issued by husky in short order I have no doubts. Most likely will be on the backs of some awesome AS members such as TK and mweba. Hopefully they get all expenses paid trip to Scandinavia for all of their family. With luxury accommodations provided by saw troll. Keep your eye out for a good Saab for me while you're there.(no laughing) the youngest in my fleet has a buck-ninety thou on her but the rust is taking it down.

Its a "gizmo". On a chainsaw i prefer tried and true. Enjoy your autotunes and powersharps. Ill run my mechanical saws twice as long as any conpensating carb
MS-390
Echo CS-4600
Echo cs-370
Plus lots of other projects and old saws.

FYI, the MS-390 has a coMpensating carb, as do most Stihl saws made in the last 15-20 years.

Latest posts

Back