Avoid Stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so goofy that I almost think it's a joke.
This is a serious fourm where saw nuts come to exchange ideas and generaly help each other. I'm not a professional at any aspect of the logging or forestery industry, I'm a home owner who heats with wood and loves to tinker with saws. I don't post much, I find most of the info I need using the search function. I wouldn't dream of wasting anyones time here with dumb posts. I expect the same from others.
This guy has runed his rep. here. Some day he may regreat it.
If he ever buys a decent saw he will not have this fourm as a resource.
I feel bad for his next saw.

ya know , reading this post was a waste of time , I can't believe I kept up to the end ! Frustrating , like looking for something you can't find . I sincerely hope no one else responds ......

May i try to add maybe a little informative value to the thread.

But first, hey this thing is going on for 5 pages now. Shouldnt we admit we kinda like it a bit, some BS now and then where we can all jump on and burry the poster un loads of more BS...

Come on.. Logrover would say One Life Live It, and enjoy it.

Serious side. I have a friend who's working for the Honda garden equipment division in Ghent, Belgium. His job is to source as many different garden tools from chinese or other 'cheap' productions in order to analyse the contstruction and build of the engine.

Why? The target for Honda is not to make their engines better. The target is to see where they can make their engines cheaper. They are serious about it, his job is labratory level analyze.

In other words Honda is partly copying the chinese copies of its own engines in order to stay competitive.

Think about this a couple of seconds.

When my dealer years back at the intro of the first ''plastic'' Stihl engines told me this was the start of the end we all thought they would rapidly turn back from this idea. They didn't and maybe it is because they cannot if they want to stay competitive.

In these low-low-low end lines of products the benefit of a branded product lies, according my opinion, not in the build quality but in the aftersales and service.

We had a german food chain that started selling powertools as weekly specials. The quality was s***, the price was 1/10th from a normal brand but they covered it by a 2 year exchange warranty. Guess what happened.
A lot were bought on fridays and brought back broken on mondays to be replaced by a new one. For the DIY guys it was great: Job was done and they had a new tool at the end.

Not my way of approuch but for some it is.

WOW!!!!! It even comes in red, just like all the bullets under your name HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
0002476103374_500X500.jpg

COOL!!! OK which end do I hold onto?

And to think that I was starting to feel bad about insinuating that rlouder was an idiot in the Bailey's catalog thread, until I came home and started reading the rest of the story. I don't feel bad no more, he is a idiot.

my question i notice the term is actually started to point fingers at poulan saws when some of you have poulan saws listed in your signatures hmmmm

actually i been getting phone calls from poulan owners on this site not to mention Homelite and mcculloch sometimes i just set and watch the non sense in these threads and just shake my head at them but there comes a time when someone has to refrain from being quiet like i am a quiet person you can say im kind of leary of most on here cause of what was said to me in the past there is only a few on this site that actually communicate to me i been wondering why our green dots what they mean it seems like only those that i help seem to give them makes me wonder sometimes

poulan homelite echo mcculloch stihl john deere solo husqvarna down the line they all are chainsaws they all cut wood of various sizes and shapes and forms there is no company greater than the other cause the people that manufacture it can make mistakes on production
my point im trying to make here and hope it gets thru to some thick heads on here is i think its time everyone just Chills out relax take a deep breath and move on instead of keeping on ravenging soon it will get out of hand then what ?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that 6 of the last 8 posts have been from members with very low post counts? Hmmm.

I noticed that too but with the benifit of doubt, you have to start somewhere. Post count doesn't mean you're an expert on every subject, but if you have just joined our little community you better read & learn a little before you post stupid remarks because you will get hammered.

There are multiple definitions to the word "gay". We will assume you are refering to the overall happiness of most Stihl owners.

Where as, you seem to qualify for at least a few of the other definitions of the word "gay":

1. You are a homosexual.
2. You are troubled in the head, and it comes out in your expressions and written text.
3. You like Poulans.

My opinion,

Sam
i notice i have more posts than you do and i just joined back in november hmmmmm besides i have to speak up on something ever hear the term dont point your fingers at someone else unless your hands are clean in other words no one on this planet is perfect i mean no one and that goes for you too besides judge not lest ye be judged

P.S. you realise he's still laughing at us.

Yeah, but not nearly as much as I did this morning when I laughed so hard my side starting hurting.

By the way, I don't own a poulan or stihl. If you are really curious, you could find what saw I own in a previous thread.

my question i notice the term is actually started to point fingers at poulan saws when some of you have poulan saws listed in your signatures hmmmm

actually i been getting phone calls from poulan owners on this site not to mention Homelite and mcculloch sometimes i just set and watch the non sense in these threads and just shake my head at them but there comes a time when someone has to refrain from being quiet like i am a quiet person you can say im kind of leary of most on here cause of what was said to me in the past there is only a few on this site that actually communicate to me i been wondering why our green dots what they mean it seems like only those that i help seem to give them makes me wonder sometimes

poulan homelite echo mcculloch stihl john deere solo husqvarna down the line they all are chainsaws they all cut wood of various sizes and shapes and forms there is no company greater than the other cause the people that manufacture it can make mistakes on production
my point im trying to make here and hope it gets thru to some thick heads on here is i think its time everyone just Chills out relax take a deep breath and move on instead of keeping on ravenging soon it will get out of hand then what ?

Each is designed for different uses. Something like a Poulan or current Homelite, etc is designed for occasional homeowner use, not daily beating. They are cheap, and have had some engineering corners cut. I've had my 066, 372, 150, and a Poulan apart. I've seen how they were built, seen the shortcuts taken in design and production. Yes, they are saws, but they are designed for a shorter life span and not really to be repaired, but to be tossed and replaced. They are designed for their market. A Stihl, Husky, or Dolmar is designed for their market. Not to say that they don't have products that sell around what the cheapies do. However, something like a Stihl 180 seems to suffer from fewer design shortcomings for the few dollars more it costs.

Yes, they all cut trees, but my 066 has cut more trees than all the WildThingies and Woodsharks in all the Wally's in Kansas City sold in the past 5 years will cut in a lifetime. It lives now in semi-retirement after a long life in the PNW. Designed for different purposes, although they both cut wood as you state.

Mark

I can't figure out why anyone in who sane enough to run a chainsaw would purchase a small Stihl when the little Poulans they sell at Walmart cut better and last longer than a Stihl.

Edit: Please do not take this thread seriously. I am updating this after 4 pages so prospective buyers would know that, with my limited knowledge, I wouldn't consider a wallyworld saw. I apologize for cluttering a very informative forum and to those who contribute their vast knowledge.

I ain't biting on this silly thread...

Latest posts

Back