Avoid Stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I bought a craftsman 2.4 cid 16 " bar maybe back in 93. Never had a problem and cut ok. I guess out of 18 million one of em just has to work. I just got lucky because all my friends kept taking theirs back to sears for problems.
I sold it in 03 for 25 bucks to the guy who bought my cushman 3 wheeled metermaid thing. It ran fine when I sold it. I do see some Stihls in some homeowners' garages every now and then.

There are multiple definitions to the word "gay". We will assume you are refering to the overall happiness of most Stihl owners.

Where as, you seem to qualify for at least a few of the other definitions of the word "gay":

1. You are a homosexual.
2. You are troubled in the head, and it comes out in your expressions and written text.
3. You like Poulans.

My opinion,

Sam

You are not permitted to harass other members at ArboristSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…

just so folks know the rules around this site maybe some here never took time to read the rules maybe its time you did !!

i notice i have more posts than you do and i just joined back in november hmmmmm besides i have to speak up on something ever hear the term dont point your fingers at someone else unless your hands are clean in other words no one on this planet is perfect i mean no one and that goes for you too besides judge not lest ye be judged
Lighten up a little lawnmowertech, slamm is just havin a little fun, jokin' around, nobodys getting mean, just kiddin around some. :cheers: to you.

:confused: Careful how you word your thoughts on people with a low post count. Just because I have a low post count should I assume that I am not worthy of the brotherhood? Or in general does that make me lesser in knowledge than thou with big numbers.

Please end this thread. We all love chainsaws. Most of us like Stihl. SO what?
I will no longer read this thread, and if others do the same, it may actually go away. Saw guys are better than this.. I know it is true

1. have fun cut wood be safe
2.let yer buddy try out yer new saw
3. REPEAT STEP ONE many times, all is good

:confused: Careful how you word your thoughts on people with a low post count. Just because I have a low post count should I assume that I am not worthy of the brotherhood? Or in general does that make me lesser in knowledge than thou with big numbers.

Welcome to AS.
Low post count? No problem, everyone here started with a low post count. As far as you being "worthy of the brotherhood"...that's up to you.
Time, and a few more posts, will tell us all we need to know.

Hang around and a get a feel for the place. Ask any question that you want to. Give your own opinion on things if you have knowledge in an area that somebody else asks about.

But fair warning...if you're thin skinned, easily offended , take yourself too seriously, or have the attitude that anyone who disagrees with you is an enemy, well...this isn't the place to be.

There's an absolute wealth of knowledge on many different subjects here. It is what it is. Most of us like it that way.

Again...welcome to AS.

Welcome to AS.
Low post count? No problem, everyone here started with a low post count. As far as you being "worthy of the brotherhood"...that's up to you.

Hang around and a get a feel for the place. Ask any question that you want to. Give your own opinion on things if you have knowledge in an area that somebody else asks about.

But fair warning...if you're thin skinned, easily offended , take yourself too seriously, or have the attitude that anyone who disagrees with you is an enemy, well...this isn't the place to be.

There's an absolute wealth of knowledge on many different subjects here. It is what it is. Most of us like it that way.

Again...welcome to AS.

Wow, you running for "Pope?"

Anything akin to a low "sperm" count??????

Welcome to AS.

Again...welcome to AS.
good post, I'd rep ya, but I'm out of repshot.

Gologit,

Thank-you for the welcome. I am neither thin-skinned or easily offended. I have found that there is indeed a wealth of knowledge here and a lot of ribbing between members. Just making a casual inquiry, that's all.

Please end this thread. We all love chainsaws. Most of us like Stihl. SO what?
I will no longer read this thread, and if others do the same, it may actually go away. Saw guys are better than this.. I know it is true

1. have fun cut wood be safe
2.let yer buddy try out yer new saw
3. REPEAT STEP ONE many times, all is good

+1 csw

I wonder what a red nova would look like???

Hey, careful
1CATEJFQ9.gif

Whoa nelly

Hey guys take it easy on the guy. I had cut wood since the early 70's and had always used POS saws cause I never really took any time to learn about saws. I just grabbed what I had and headed to the woods. I joined AS because I wanted to buy a big saw. I ended up with a jred 920 and am very happy with it. I am probably going to get a new Stihl before firewood time next year. Point is that for many people a Poulan will do what they want just fine, and at a hell of a lot less cost than a Stihl. All this crap about which saw is best and the name calling is really a waste. Is someone going to head to the PNW and take on the big trees with a Poulan? Not likely, besides getting one of those monsters down with an 18 inch Poulan woud take all week. However for someone who needs a saw a couple of time a year for whatever, will be perfectly happy with a Poulan. I have two of them that I or my son use for limbing, they are just fine for that, especially at 57 I find that increased gravity affects how much limbing I want to do with the 920. I can't tell you how much I value the imput of most of the people on AS. I have learned much, and don't comment all that often, but give the guy a break, not everyone has the knowledge base that you do. After all, given the number of years that I have cut and the amount I cut each year I managed to avoid knowledge of chainsaws till I got here, and mostly what I have learned is how much I have yet to learn. I don't understand why people will behave on the internet in ways that most of them would never behave in real life. JR

Hell buddy what you can't figure out is nothing compared to what I can't figure out. I can't figure out where all these idiot posts are coming from lately. Seems to be a trend starting around here with bogus posters like yourself.

I rate this thread an 8 for entertainment value. :clap:

Tom, you wanna come clean the 'tater chips off my monitor? :monkey:

By The Way...i Find This Place Very Helpfull...hey Walmart Man....u Shouldnt Shop Were U Work.....cart Boy

your 100% right

Welcome to AS.

Again...welcome to AS.
i agree

Has anyone noticed that 6 of the last 8 posts have been from members with very low post counts? Hmmm.

ALL he meant was that it was suspicious that all of a sudden alot of low post count people were responding, has nothing to do with what we perceive or don't about your purported knowledge on a subject or not...

ever hear the term "trolls"

I suggest you use the search feature then and enlighten yourself.

FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS.... welcome. Come in and enjoy your stay and take lots with a grain of salt and sense of humor or you won't last.

Ive Been On The Sight For About 3weeks Or So....im A Newbie To All Of This Forum Stuff...but There Has Been A Couple Of Dumb Ass Post On Here...aka The Ms290 And 460 Bull####...kik Them Out...i Dont Want To Be Here If Thats Going On .....so Kick This Dumb Ass Out Or Me......thanks Ryan

If thats how you feel... see ya.

If you went into any "club" or "establishment" where they have had gatherings for years you would expect people to sometimes kid each other, or have a little fun every now and then as friends that know each other will do. Would you expect them to stop just because you joined?? I think they would tell you to beat it also. :buttkick:

You have the "hey I'm an illegal immigrant and I deserve lots of benefits no one else gets" attitude. Everything should be different just because you came here... right. :cry:

Well then, we are prepping your rubber room right now, be ready in a minute for you. :dizzy:

By the way.. you said ":censored:"! Gee, I got a warning that lasts 6 months for saying that.. and you also said ":censored: " wonder if the word cops will find this and ticket you? :jawdrop:

have a nice day

Dave

Gologit,

Thank-you for the welcome. I am neither thin-skinned or easily offended. I have found that there is indeed a wealth of knowledge here and a lot of ribbing between members. Just making a casual inquiry, that's all.

No problem dude - we all started out with low numbers! Welcome to the site....

Latest posts

Back